Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOLINK Bodies....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 04:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

BOLINK Bodies....

I bought my first BOLINK body yesterday. (69 Dodge Charger) - I'm a big MOPAR "finatic"...!

Anyway, I didn't realyze that they don't come with a protective "skin" like other bodies do. They also don't come with pre-cut wheel wells.

Any suggestions on how to keep from getting overspray everywhere?

Thanks!

Donnie-D
Old 02-02-2003, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

i say.. maskin tape around the edges and use a plastic bag to stop overspray.. use a darker color and u might not know how much u layed down
Old 02-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Ronnie,

1st - set the body over the chassis, center the body on the chassis where you want it to sit. Take a sharpie marker and mark the front and back of the wheels on the outside of the body. then mark you body post locations on top of the body ( this is on the outside as well. You can put masking tape around the edges then tape a plastic bag over the outside of the body then paint as you wish.

After painting, remove the plastic bag and the tape around the edges of the body. Drill out you body post markings to fit the body post. take a pair of lexan sissors then trim out the wheel wells on the body.

any exces sharpie marker lines can be removed with denatured alcohol and a paper towel.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Donnie,

You can also cover the outside with saran wrap, catchingthe edges of the wrap with masking tape. That should protect the body enough!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Or - if you havea ton of overspray - take a little bit of Bolink body cleaner to the outside prior to applying the decals... and the overspray will come off with a little bit of elbow grease

Wilde