Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Question about attempting to Hydrodipping >

Question about attempting to Hydrodipping

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BullFrog

Question about attempting to Hydrodipping

Old 05-03-2020, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Question about attempting to Hydrodipping

Attempted to Hydro dip and RC body- tried lexan paint (Practa). Only the paint dried as soon as it hit the water. What paint is used to try hydro dipping and if it's enamel will it stick or just flake off?
Old 05-04-2020, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Since I had no response I did another experiment: Rustoleum 2X paint. So far it seems to work. Tommorow I'll test the paint and see if it will stick after twisting it.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its a good question. Allot of paints are like CA or epoxy and harden from moisture. I think enamel is a generic term for allot of different paint chemistry including paints with chemistry similar to epoxy. Maybe some of the water based paints that are out will do the trick. i do see allot of videos with guys spraying or pouring all kinds of paint in a bucket and not giving it allot of thought though. Maybe watch a few of those videos and see what they are using. Maybe rustoleum is a good one. The problem I have with rustoleum is that it seems to be incompatible with allot of other paint mixtures but maybe that isnt an issue for you.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

It worked - next a race body.
Bry195 likes this.