Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attaching Rear Wing

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Attaching Rear Wing

How do I attach the rear wing on my stratus (3.0).

on my skyline the wing had nubbied lol that i put theough the body and used body clips to hold them in... theres nothing like that on my new one. there just a flat peice with three little dots on it. I dont glue it do it ?
Old 02-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve-N
How do I attach the rear wing on my stratus (3.0).

on my skyline the wing had nubbied lol that i put theough the body and used body clips to hold them in... theres nothing like that on my new one. there just a flat peice with three little dots on it. I dont glue it do it ?
You drill a hole on the Wing and body and use the enclosed screws, usually with plastic fasteners.
I've never seen nubs? Then again, I have only ever used HPI and Protoform bodies.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

ok here are some pics too help... also ive seen guys with the same body and they pick theyre car up by the wing... so w/e im doing it needs to be pretty dam strong to hold my car...
Attached Thumbnails Attaching Rear Wing-1.jpg   Attaching Rear Wing-2.jpg   Attaching Rear Wing-3.jpg   Attaching Rear Wing-4.jpg   Attaching Rear Wing-5.jpg  

Old 02-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Initiate

bump
Old 02-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

drill two holes centered in the recessed area of the wing... hold it up to the body... eye ball the location and mark the body through one of the hole sin thw ing with a thin tip sharpie... make the hole in the body... screw the wing on with the one complete set of holes... line up second hole, mark and drill...
Old 02-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah drill the holes in the wing in one of those spots. Middle is best choice at first. Place on body , make sure its straight , then put two pin holes to mark your spot through the wing hole. Usually the ones on the body will get you close...but arent perfect. Then make your holes in the body.

If you used acrylic paint. It seems its ok with shoe goo. I place shoe goo on the body where the supports push out , then stick the wing on and screw it all together nice and tight. This makes the wing ultra secure and wont let it flop around.