FG F1 sportline help !

Old 07-03-2017, 01:54 AM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
serafin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: LOS ANGELES CA
Posts: 233
Default FG F1 sportline help !

Hello. Need some help with my Fg F1 with a solo 108 engine.

Since the engine is pretty old. Want to replace it with a zenoah engine.

What parts do I need to complete the engine swap?

I know the throttle cable is different since the carb is different.
What else do I need to make it work?
Also. Would a zenoah ignition work with the solo engine?
Thank You in advance.
serafin is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 09:24 PM
  #2  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
serafin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: LOS ANGELES CA
Posts: 233
Default

Anyone FG owners?

Originally Posted by serafin View Post
Hello. Need some help with my Fg F1 with a solo 108 engine.

Since the engine is pretty old. Want to replace it with a zenoah engine.

What parts do I need to complete the engine swap?

I know the throttle cable is different since the carb is different.
What else do I need to make it work?
Also. Would a zenoah ignition work with the solo engine?
Thank You in advance.
serafin is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 09:52 PM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 849
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

you might need a new clutch adaptor for the Zenoah,

Solo -


Zenoah -
vadn1 is offline  
Old 07-04-2017, 09:53 PM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 849
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Your best bet would be to contact the guys at, https://rc-car-online.de/en-startseite.html. They would be the most knowledgeable on this topic.
vadn1 is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 07:47 PM
  #5  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
serafin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: LOS ANGELES CA
Posts: 233
Default

Originally Posted by vadn1 View Post
Your best bet would be to contact the guys at, https://rc-car-online.de/en-startseite.html. They would be the most knowledgeable on this topic.
Thanks. Ya I saw that. Hard to get a hold of anyone from that site.

Any other?
serafin is offline  
Old 07-06-2017, 05:42 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 849
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Since you are in the LA area you should check out the next race at GLARCRC when the 1/5 scale racers are out.

If you are a Facebook member ask the guys on the FG Modellsport and TEAM FG pages.
vadn1 is offline  
Old 07-06-2017, 07:20 PM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (16)
 
vctr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 799
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

here is the manual,

http://www.competitionx.com/pdfs/veh...-f1-manual.pdf

for parts contact DDM

hope this help you..
vctr1 is offline  
Old 07-06-2017, 07:26 PM
  #8  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
serafin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: LOS ANGELES CA
Posts: 233
Default

Originally Posted by vadn1 View Post
Since you are in the LA area you should check out the next race at GLARCRC when the 1/5 scale racers are out.

If you are a Facebook member ask the guys on the FG Modellsport and TEAM FG pages.
Thanks I only have a fan page on fb. I'll beck thaybout for sure Thank You
serafin is offline  
Old 07-06-2017, 07:27 PM
  #9  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
serafin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: LOS ANGELES CA
Posts: 233
Default

Originally Posted by vctr1 View Post
here is the manual,

http://www.competitionx.com/pdfs/veh...-f1-manual.pdf

for parts contact DDM

hope this help you..
Thank You. I tried DDM they don't have those parts they have to be special order.

I emailed regarding the fg they have with zenoah engine already and see what I needed. They weren't that helpful. Seemed very short and said just send part numbers to order
serafin is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 06:56 AM
  #10  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (16)
 
vctr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 799
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by serafin View Post
Thank You. I tried DDM they don't have those parts they have to be special order.

I emailed regarding the fg they have with zenoah engine already and see what I needed. They weren't that helpful. Seemed very short and said just send part numbers to order
DDM is good, just give them the parts # to special order from the manufacturer. I think that will be your only choice.. if you stop by GLARCRC this weekend ask for Victor I'll try too help you there..

VG
vctr1 is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:08 AM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 849
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vctr1 View Post
DDM is good...

VG
Agreed, the guys at DDM are really good for FG parts.
vadn1 is offline  
Old 07-11-2017, 09:01 PM
  #12  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
serafin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: LOS ANGELES CA
Posts: 233
Default

Thanks guys. I ordered some parts from DDM.
serafin is offline  
Old 07-11-2017, 09:02 PM
  #13  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
serafin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: LOS ANGELES CA
Posts: 233
Default

Are you there every weekend?
I'll PM you my info. Thank You
Originally Posted by vctr1 View Post
DDM is good, just give them the parts # to special order from the manufacturer. I think that will be your only choice.. if you stop by GLARCRC this weekend ask for Victor I'll try too help you there..

VG
serafin is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.