5ive t clutch options

Old 10-25-2017, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Makes a huge difference in 1:1 scale.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:09 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, you'd be surprised how much energy a few extra grams of rotating mass can suck up when the engine has to accelerate it from idle to 10,000rpm.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Winchester tornado clutch

By far the best clutch on the market no low end bog just straight power when you want it how much of it you want.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Packfan
I run an MIP on my 32 Reed and 34 PP engines. Works fine.
I have heard a lot of good things about the MIP clutch but I was under the impression from some youtube videos that they discontinued their clutchs. Looking on their website I can't seem to find them either. Is someone else making clutch shoes now for that clutch?
Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 AM

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fate0n3
I have heard a lot of good things about the MIP clutch but I was under the impression from some youtube videos that they discontinued their clutchs. Looking on their website I can't seem to find them either. Is someone else making clutch shoes now for that clutch?

MIP is turning over all of the 1/5th scale parts to MOD, Matt Olson Designs. Matt is getting the website going and having MIP make the parts for his inventory. I am not sure what the timeline is.
Dave_S and Fate0n3 like this.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

MIP is turning over all of the 1/5th scale parts to MOD, Matt Olson Designs. Matt is getting the website going and having MIP make the parts for his inventory. I am not sure what the timeline is.
Thank you for the information glad to see the wonderful parts that MIP was making isn't going to just go down the drain and we can still get them and replacement parts. The clutch for the 5ive-T will be on my list now to find out if it will work with the G320 motors also
Old 03-14-2018, 05:52 AM

Thank you for the information glad to see the wonderful parts that MIP was making isn't going to just go down the drain and we can still get them and replacement parts. The clutch for the 5ive-T will be on my list now to find out if it will work with the G320 motors also
Clutch will work on any 34cc and smaller motor. I run it on my 32 Reed. Just make sure you have an open clutch bell carrier to get enough air to the clutch. Also, you want to start with a new clutch bell.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Clutch will work on any 34cc and smaller motor. I run it on my 32 Reed. Just make sure you have an open clutch bell carrier to get enough air to the clutch. Also, you want to start with a new clutch bell.
Thank you big time sorry yet again never got a notification you responded. Does the clutch work well outside of racing also? Such as backyard playing or bashing? I had read of some only being recommended to race with wasn't sure about this one and Matt seems to take quite sometime to responded to e-mails.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:17 PM

Thank you big time sorry yet again never got a notification you responded. Does the clutch work well outside of racing also? Such as backyard playing or bashing? I had read of some only being recommended to race with wasn't sure about this one and Matt seems to take quite sometime to responded to e-mails.
Matt is a busy guy. The clutch will hold up to any use with proper cooling and maintenance. I know guys that race a lot and have ran the clutch for 2 seasons without a rebuild.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

For bashing I like my clutch to have a lot of bite. Probably hard on drivetrain parts though.