Like Tree3Likes

5ive t clutch options

Reply

Old 10-25-2017, 07:18 PM
  #16  
Tech Master
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,400
Default

Makes a huge difference in 1:1 scale.
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:09 AM
  #17  
Tech Elite
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maryland, Near DC, USA
Posts: 3,678
Default

Yeah, you'd be surprised how much energy a few extra grams of rotating mass can suck up when the engine has to accelerate it from idle to 10,000rpm.
Dave_S likes this.
fyrstormer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:45 PM
  #18  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Martinsburg ,wv
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Winchester tornado clutch

By far the best clutch on the market no low end bog just straight power when you want it how much of it you want.
blacksunshine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:25 AM
  #19  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Packfan View Post
I run an MIP on my 32 Reed and 34 PP engines. Works fine.
I have heard a lot of good things about the MIP clutch but I was under the impression from some youtube videos that they discontinued their clutchs. Looking on their website I can't seem to find them either. Is someone else making clutch shoes now for that clutch?
Fate0n3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 AM
  #20  
Moderator
iTrader: (117)
 
Packfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 3,403
Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fate0n3 View Post
I have heard a lot of good things about the MIP clutch but I was under the impression from some youtube videos that they discontinued their clutchs. Looking on their website I can't seem to find them either. Is someone else making clutch shoes now for that clutch?

MIP is turning over all of the 1/5th scale parts to MOD, Matt Olson Designs. Matt is getting the website going and having MIP make the parts for his inventory. I am not sure what the timeline is.
Dave_S and Fate0n3 like this.
Packfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:49 PM
  #21  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Packfan View Post
MIP is turning over all of the 1/5th scale parts to MOD, Matt Olson Designs. Matt is getting the website going and having MIP make the parts for his inventory. I am not sure what the timeline is.
Thank you for the information glad to see the wonderful parts that MIP was making isn't going to just go down the drain and we can still get them and replacement parts. The clutch for the 5ive-T will be on my list now to find out if it will work with the G320 motors also
Fate0n3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:52 AM
  #22  
Moderator
iTrader: (117)
 
Packfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 3,403
Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fate0n3 View Post
Thank you for the information glad to see the wonderful parts that MIP was making isn't going to just go down the drain and we can still get them and replacement parts. The clutch for the 5ive-T will be on my list now to find out if it will work with the G320 motors also
Clutch will work on any 34cc and smaller motor. I run it on my 32 Reed. Just make sure you have an open clutch bell carrier to get enough air to the clutch. Also, you want to start with a new clutch bell.
Packfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:00 AM
  #23  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Packfan View Post
Clutch will work on any 34cc and smaller motor. I run it on my 32 Reed. Just make sure you have an open clutch bell carrier to get enough air to the clutch. Also, you want to start with a new clutch bell.
Thank you big time sorry yet again never got a notification you responded. Does the clutch work well outside of racing also? Such as backyard playing or bashing? I had read of some only being recommended to race with wasn't sure about this one and Matt seems to take quite sometime to responded to e-mails.
Fate0n3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:17 PM
  #24  
Moderator
iTrader: (117)
 
Packfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 3,403
Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fate0n3 View Post
Thank you big time sorry yet again never got a notification you responded. Does the clutch work well outside of racing also? Such as backyard playing or bashing? I had read of some only being recommended to race with wasn't sure about this one and Matt seems to take quite sometime to responded to e-mails.
Matt is a busy guy. The clutch will hold up to any use with proper cooling and maintenance. I know guys that race a lot and have ran the clutch for 2 seasons without a rebuild.
Packfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:55 PM
  #25  
Tech Master
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,400
Default

For bashing I like my clutch to have a lot of bite. Probably hard on drivetrain parts though.
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service