Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
8th scale on a budget part 1 >

8th scale on a budget part 1

8th scale on a budget part 1

Old 03-16-2017, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default 8th scale on a budget part 1

Heres a little video of a cheaper way to build a 8th scale onroad car but not cheap in parts, This is my second build. The first build I did a few years ago and the car has ALOT of battery runs threw it with no issues, watch this part 1 video and please keep in mind that I did the same build years ago (but with a ofna gt roller almost same chassis) with no mechanical failure. Enjoy the vid all...

https://youtu.be/jlP8i-1d7S4
Old 03-22-2017, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Recieved the "budget" esc motor and servo that I got brand new from coolrc today, will be starting the build soon stay tuned all

Old 03-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Post up some specs, like motor KV, ESC rating etc. Also if you are on a budget try a Evo P2 Servo, not a bad servo for 1/8 offroad. I am trying one right now in my 1/8 e-buggy. Also check out SMC batteries, great deals and awesome customer service.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Post up some specs, like motor KV, ESC rating etc. Also if you are on a budget try a Evo P2 Servo, not a bad servo for 1/8 offroad. I am trying one right now in my 1/8 e-buggy. Also check out SMC batteries, great deals and awesome customer service.
It has a 120 amp esc with a 4pole 2050 kv motor, I use the gens ace 4s 50c 5000mah. Found them to be the cheapest in price at 60 bucks shipped but thanks for the smc I will look into that
Old 03-23-2017, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default part 2 video of 8th scale on a budget

Ok all finished the car and all looks good, its all exsplained in this video, enjoy

https://youtu.be/3vcl8K2dTYA
Old 03-23-2017, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Looks like you are well on your way. If you dont mind, I would suggest mounting the steering turnbuckle on the inside of the servo arm, which will help mitigate binding, and also be a direct inline push pull of the servo saver arm. Your throw should not matter as that can be adjusted via the radio.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Looks like you are well on your way. If you dont mind, I would suggest mounting the steering turnbuckle on the inside of the servo arm, which will help mitigate binding, and also be a direct inline push pull of the servo saver arm. Your throw should not matter as that can be adjusted via the radio.
Thanks for the servo reminder, it was 2am I guess the heavy eyes made me forget
Old 09-25-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Nice information...