Rovan RC, what's the deal?

Old 04-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
http://www.kingmotorrc.com/1/5-gas-t...ck-clear-body/

Roller is $650. About half price. Pick up the MIP shocks, clutch, Zen 320, Hitec servos, and the rest from DDM and you can have a pretty decent race rig on the low.
Got mine $719+shipping RTR with lot of extras strait from China. That roller has no extras. Mine has lot of alloy parts, 50kg servos and a tuned pipe for the engine plus radio of course. Lot for extra $70.

Check the specs.
http://www.kingmotor.cn/racing/fourdrive/show-71.html
Old 05-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by puppeli View Post
Got mine $719+shipping RTR with lot of extras strait from China. That roller has no extras. Mine has lot of alloy parts, 50kg servos and a tuned pipe for the engine plus radio of course. Lot for extra $70.

Check the specs.
http://www.kingmotor.cn/racing/fourdrive/show-71.html
I have sent them 4 E-mails wanting to purchase and have heard nothing from them can you PM me the info you used to buy it I still want a 1/5 truck to play with.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

I don't want the alloy parts.

My 5ive has to cross a scale.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
I don't want the alloy parts.

My 5ive has to cross a scale.
For start I won't race mine. So alloy is fine and I get some feel to it. Maybe later after I get some control and confidence I'll go and play on track but racing is still long way off. Those MIP shocks look good but way too expensive to justify getting them when you can get pretty good quality for $140 hard anodized GTB racing shocks. I doubt that the difference in quality or drive is that great that it makes any real difference. You can make mods to shocks yourself very easy to gain the same rebounds and flow if you want. Shock pistons cost about $6 each so to have couple of different mods in your toolbox would almost be easier way to change the rete of the shock that changing the fluid every time chasing the right setup. Fluid is actually very expensive and if you can save it and use it longer it makes sense. I haven't tried it but I would think that after removing the spring you can push the piston far enough so it is out of the fluid and you are able to remove it and change another piston to the shaft with different flow rate without draining all the fluid. I can sort of see it in my head working as long as you secure the shock on small vise maybe on your toolbox or table depending where you are.