Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
SCZ-E290 Anyone running this? >

SCZ-E290 Anyone running this?

SCZ-E290 Anyone running this?

Old 04-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default SCZ-E290 Anyone running this?

I found this with very mixed reviews. It is Chinese so that will bring the haters out but if you have this how does it perform and have you had more reliability problems than some of more known brands like OBR, RT for example?
Old 04-12-2016, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I would just go with the obr that's what iam doing for my 5t
Old 04-13-2016, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chazekxt View Post
I would just go with the obr that's what iam doing for my 5t
I was looking at them but no thanks. Any reason why you wouldn't go with SCZ?

I just like the sound more from SCZ plus it seems to perform better and there don't seem to be any big issues on it.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:49 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Never heard of it, parts support is a big thing. I would defiantly run zenoah whatever size you like, everyone has parts for them and they are a proven winner. Not sure if you necessary want modified or not. I have learned many times going cheap is not the way to go in large scale, it almost always comes to bite you in the butt.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:52 AM

I run this in my baja, its a beast.
http://www.largescalerc.com/285ccrac...plete-1-1.aspx
Old 04-17-2016, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.sczracing.com/
Been said 9hp but that's most likely is too much. But it does at least 21k under load. It gives hard time to 32cc ported and because it is so high rpm has a good top speed. There are couple of good videos in the tube that are pretty impressive. I would like to hear more about reliability and maintenance of this engine.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

It's a chinese copy of the BZM 26/28cc engine. Chung Yang to Zenoah I guess ...
Old 04-19-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Twisted_Metal View Post
It's a chinese copy of the BZM 26/28cc engine. Chung Yang to Zenoah I guess ...
Yes it is a copy. There are some good reviews and yes lot of haters but not many actual owners just an attitude problem on haters. And like any engine it has it own problems but easy fix. For the price it is powerful engine. I just today put my order in to get one.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by puppeli View Post
Yes it is a copy. And like any engine it has it own problems but easy fix. For the price it is powerful engine. I just today put my order in to get one.
Could not disagree more with this statement..
I am yet to buy a "BRAND" new engine that has issues straight out of the box..

Sure, some have fitment problems, But that is it!!

If you have to replace, rings and gaskets on a brand new engine that has, 9hp , , Then that engine is garbage.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigkev75 View Post
Could not disagree more with this statement..
I am yet to buy a "BRAND" new engine that has issues straight out of the box..

Sure, some have fitment problems, But that is it!!

If you have to replace, rings and gaskets on a brand new engine that has, 9hp , , Then that engine is garbage.
Who said I have to? I do it because I know down the track I most likely need to address that issue. It is called preventative maintenance. What comes to piston ring and ceramic coating you are better off putting a new one in after the initial break in process. The ceramic is harder of the two materials and takes more to bed in. Again I don't have to do this but for best result I will to finish the break in. It is only about $10 so what's the problem? 9hp?? What about it? Did you read my comments or are you just a troll? Sounds like you haven't had this engine or done any research about it.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:37 PM

You don't have to change the piston or anything after break in, the more you run it the better it will be, if you change the piston ring then you should break it in again, I've ran engines for more than 14 gallons before I thought about changing anything. The only maintenance you should need to do on an engine is inspect for worn and broken parts and maybe change the plug after a few gallons.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
You don't have to change the piston or anything after break in, the more you run it the better it will be, if you change the piston ring then you should break it in again, I've ran engines for more than 14 gallons before I thought about changing anything. The only maintenance you should need to do on an engine is inspect for worn and broken parts and maybe change the plug after a few gallons.
I know that. It is something that is sometimes done with an engine that has a hard coating on the cylinder and to make sure that the two surfaces marry proper some throw a new piston ring to smooth the hard coating little more and to make tighter seal between cylinder and piston ring. Gain is that you end up with smoother surface and in theory longer life for the cylinder and it also gives better compression and less friction.

I'll hear you and I'll see how the engine runs after 5 tanks. I might just pull it apart to check and leave it as is depending how the cylinder looks. If is shines like the preachers **** I'll just leave it as it is.))
Old 04-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i dont have any room to talk, just following the thread. Have you received and ran it? Whats the initial impression?
Old 04-28-2016, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thirtydaZe View Post
i dont have any room to talk, just following the thread. Have you received and ran it? Whats the initial impression?
The funny thing is that I have tyres and dual servo kit and lot of upgrades and a new radio Sanwa M12 on it way and the engine is on it way to me. Charger too and today ordered a better battery for it. But no vehicle to put it in yet.)) I made the payment for it but they gave me the wrong account so they are sending the money back and then I put it to the right account. Pain in the ***.)) I hope they compensate a little and adding some goodies into the box.)) I'll keep you posted.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:08 AM

What ever happened, this guy seemed to fall off the face of the earth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.