Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya 1/16th R/C Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've only got the video on VHS that I've shot at our battle yard. You can go to TexasArmor.com and go to armournuts- sign up for yahoo - go to the photos and check out greg in jacksonville.You actually need two of you to start having fun. It's just what you want to start with -German or American. I like my Pershing while others like their Sherman or Tiger. There are some others out there that take alot of work to convert to the Tamiya stuff.
If You want a tape I can make another and send it to you.
If you got to state on-road races I can bring it(the tank) with me.But seeing one tank is just one tank with no battle.I don't believe there are other tank clubs in florida but we would like there to be.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes it sounds like a ton of fun and I am just about ready to take the plunge.........so I guess Tamiya it is, now I just need to decide what tank to get. I wonder why Tamiya does not make an M1A1?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

What a good day to happy holiday- have a patroitic tank battle on Sunday.I've order a couple of chinese tanks - Panther and another Pershing.They should be in next week. Now I'll play around and see if I can convert them to battle the Tamiya tanks (with a whole lot of work). It also looks as we might have two new club members for the tank club by Sunday- Pershing and a Sherman. I still don't know if the vibrating counter works but I doubt it as the guy is at the big battle weekend in Danbury Va .
Old 05-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Default battle

Go get them Bill!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 02:27 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks. The Panther will go to the guy that does all my radio work for the tank. All I wanted to see what the thing looked like. I'll keep the pershing to mess around here a work during the week.See ya later.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Well the weekends battle is over.This is the first time us Americans got beat every time in awhile. We also had a very large (11) group battling with three new tankers. Also we had one of the hobby shop owners show up with his converted Panther with a Camera mounted in the turret.We got to see exactly how long the emitter actual stays on. Also got some great video of what it looks like thru the turret.
I also broke the 50 cal machine gun mount again- went under the bridge in the wrong spot.Now if I could only get the vibrator thing to work on my radio.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

That sounds like so much fun............
Old 05-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Champion

It was fun yesterday for the German side.Our three new tankers were all americans and they are all excited. Trying to describe the battlefield located in the backyard does not do it justice. When they get there and look at it and drive their tanks- that's all it takes.
If anyone gets offended reading my open journal I'm sorry but this is mine observations and not anyone else including any clubs. I also deal with three hobbyshops and do not order anything directly from the internet- I go thru the various hobbyshops in town.So anything I discuss here you can order thru your local hobbyshops.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:36 AM
Tech Champion

Well it sounds like we won't be tanking it this weekend.The tanks I've ordered still have not arrived.I wanted to practice with the new one's but I guess not.Also looked at one of the hobbyshops back lot with several other of the new tankers. With very little work- a couple of hours with a weedeater and it should be a great place to practice with the new guys.Maybe this weekend ?
Old 06-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Tech Champion

And the journal goes on- Did no tanking this weekend. The tank is still getting the radio worked on with the counter.If we battle this weekend it will be real short for me as I've got to be somewhere else in the afternoon early.Still have not heard anything from my practice tanks. I have heard other things regarding the new club but it's not for me to say anything yet.
The other hobby shop does have a great area to make a battle field with very little work. After the two new guys get there tanks working maybe we'll get to the weedeater thing.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Hi to all my readers out here. I've gone in with someone and the Hen Long tanks have been ordered officially. I've got a Pershing and a Panther coming while the other person has the Tiger 1 ordered.Hopefully this weekend we will battle again.I'm also going to try an experiment when I get my Tamiya Pershing back. While I'm expermenting several others wanted to try the same thing. I'm going to change the motors to the black long cans. Since I will never get the speed of a Sherman I was going for the torque I needed for my style of fighting. Maybe these long cans will do it?If not I've got new motors in the tank.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

No battles for tommorrow. It was cancelled and I won't be able to make it the following weekend- going r/c racing instead.So far the vibrating tally counter will not work on Airtronics. Now if I want to get a futaba radio it should work?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Tech Champion

I don't think I got the motors I was looking for locally. But until I get my tank back I won't know for sure.Possibly I'll get it back Wed evening?I did get some good information about three versions of the same motor yesterday.So I'll look into that and possibly order them by the weekend from my LHS.Still haven't heard anything from the Hen Long tanks that were ordered.By the way sure would like to hear some feed back from my many readers out there? If you have any questions feel free to ask away.
As for the alternate (or practice) battlefield it's still on the drawning board.Also heard we had alot of questions and people looking at our tanks at the model show last weekend.Hopefully that will get somemore new tankers.
I do plan on taking the tank with me to the r/c race and see if we can get more tankers around the state.If they had something going in the Tampa area I know one new tank would be purchased ASAP.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:40 AM
Tech Champion

We just got great news-FCAD has been admitted to THQ as a full member club.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Tech Champion

Well I got a good look at the new motors I bought- identical to the old motors.So that was the wrong way to go.I do have two others coming- ordered them last Friday.
Also took the tank with me to the R/C car races and had the Expert racers test it out. Alot of people got to see the tank in action- to bad there was another to battle.I'm also going to bring it with me this weekend to the car show. Only this time I might have another tank to battle for the demo.
Now my next project is getting the matched 4200 batteries under some clear shrink wrap so it won't short out.So it's off to the hobby shop to get the stick pack shrink wrap this week.Maybe the new motors will show up by friday ?Sure wish some of the 15(since friday) people that read my post would say something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.