Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
5th Scale Onroad Racing in Texas >

5th Scale Onroad Racing in Texas

Like Tree9Likes

5th Scale Onroad Racing in Texas

Old 12-30-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thank you Keith. It was a pleasure for myself, Sam, and Marquell to meet you as well. Just keep looking in your rearview mirror; the Texas 5 will be filling it and passing you soon. Here is video of the B-main from that race.

Last edited by JLock; 05-14-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Keith, here is the video of the A-main in which you were a part of. You were looking good until your unfortunate accident that took you out.

https://youtu.be/H1khi2Ww2lg
Old 12-30-2017, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey are you guys coming down to the Florida race?
Old 12-31-2017, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfiend
Hey are you guys coming down to the Florida race?
Brother Keith, Sam, Marquell, and I are already on the list for the Florida race. The guy behind the race was the one that I bought the Genius that I raced with you guys. I hope that you can make it to Florida (if your schedule permits). I should have my diffs ready to go and be more competitive.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Brother Keith, Sam, Marquell, and I are already on the list for the Florida race. The guy behind the race was the one that I bought the Genius that I raced with you guys. I hope that you can make it to Florida (if your schedule permits). I should have my diffs ready to go and be more competitive.
Juan, I'm going to try my best to make it to the race. I have a trip planned in May and gotta make sure I have enough coins set aside for both trips��
Old 01-31-2018, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

It has been a good while since I posted on RC Tech. Here is the link to the Texas 5 Facebook page for the latest 5th scale onroad happenings, including a new track coming online soon in Fontana, CA (Steel City Speedway) as well as a big race upcoming in March in Homestead, FL. And, of course, any new pertinent 5th scale information that I can share/pass along to enthusiasts.

https://www.facebook.com/Texas5thScale/
Old 05-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry that I have not posted to this thread since the end of January. Been maintaining the Facebook version of this thread as well as the Facebook page for our local track, RCRCNT. We have the Texas Biggie coming up May 25th through May 27th and have all the nitro classes running as well as electric classes and 5th scale classes available (depending on attendance). So, if you have a STC 2wd car or 5th scale F1, come on down and have some fun in the Texas sun.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

It has been almost four (4) months since I last posted here on this thread on RC Tech. Been busy racing my 5th scale FG Sportsline in Texas, recruiting new members to run out Sportsline Spec Class, helping out at the local track that is located just south of Fort Worth, Texas (RCRCNT), building a newer Genius model (a XR3R to go along with my XR), and working with a local hobby shop to help promote their business (Lonestar RC Hobbies) as well as partnering up with them to become a FG Modellsport dealer. Oh, and this doesn't count working the Texas 5 and RCRCNT pages on Facebook. Starting to run out of hours in the day now (lol). Getting ready for a big race at Steel City Speedway that is going down September 12-16 where some big international names will be participating (and I will try to learn from). If you are interested in joining those of us currently racing 5th scale, check out the Facebook pages of RAMS RC in Fremont, CA; Steel City Speedway (SCS) in Fontana, CA; Texas 5 in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and Rinzi Motorsports in the Miami, Florida area. Working to bring you 5th scale racing Coast to Coast!!
Old 08-31-2018, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quit posting on here and go work on your car(s)! I hate beating you because your car falls apart
Old 09-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mkiiina
Quit posting on here and go work on your car(s)! I hate beating you because your car falls apart
That has been the only way you have beaten me so far. You just make sure you bring your A+ game and I will make sure my car is in one piece, even if I have to duct tape and bail wire it together (lol).
Old 03-24-2019, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

It has been a long while since my last posting. Since then, I have raced at SCS in Fontana, CA for the first time, with a local hobby shop, became the FG Central/East dealer through DDM, became the exclusive US HARM dealer, work more closely with my local track RCRCNT, and expanding the Texas 5 brand with the help of the other core members. The spec class featuring the FG Sportsline cars has expanded into the California racing scene and may soon be hitting some tracks in Europe. Lets keep stoking the 5th scale fire while it is still burning hot.
Leester likes this.

Last edited by JLock; 03-28-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Been working on a project with another Texas 5 member.

Custom 5th scale pit board
Old 12-29-2019, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

It has been a New York minute since I was last on this forum. Been working through my Facebook pages for the HARM cars that I now distribute in the US as well as building up the 5th scale spec class with the FG Sportsline car and working with my local track to help build up attendance. More information is available via Texas 5 or HARM USA Racing on FB as well as RCRCNT Raceway for my local track in the DFW metroplex in Texas.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

As of two weeks ago, we have started r/c racing in Texas. Fifth scale is going strong with two new guys jumping into our spec class with more getting ready to join us. Also, we are starting to grow the other classes that we have been offering. Texas 5 have a few used 2wd open STC cars for sale and may soon offer a program to where you can rent and race a Sportsline Spec car for a club or state series race. So, if you want to get your 5th scale groove on, come on down to the DFW area, all racers are welcome.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

This last weekend we had a club race out at RCRCNT for the Texas 5. Sportline spec was well represented and the STC class is starting to fill in nicely. Everyone had a great time and had a great time playing with setups. Everyone got faster and more consistent. Going to make for some great racing for the series this year. Now I just need to find an STC car....
NutDriver likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.