Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
Klein or Customworks??? That is the question? >

Klein or Customworks??? That is the question?

Klein or Customworks??? That is the question?

Old 10-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Klein or Customworks??? That is the question?

I am wanting to get a nitro dirt oval sprint car. Which kit is better and why? I know this is a loaded question, but I have to ask the die-hard oval racers.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm running a GSX and lovin it. The Klein is also a highly rated car. You might check in your area as far as parts availability. It's usually better to go with the product that is easier to get parts for. You might also check out the track your wanting to run at and see which cars are running up front. That could also influence you which way you want to go. Good luck!!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

http://www.dynotech-racing.com
Old 10-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

A loaded question...Klein and CW ??? I have campaigned two Electric CW Sprints for over 3 years now. If I was to start racing Nitro Sprints I would go with Klein. This is what I have observed first hand that makes Klein a better choice over CW. IMO:

Dennis supports his team and his cars like a mother hen. Parts are readily available, at your LHS or online. He and his team drivers are truly into helping you out trackside. BTW, the R&D Driver races in your area. The cars appear to be easily to set-up and race on any surface. Cars are made of better materials.

However, there are several other options!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.Dirt98
I'm diggin the P.R.O. front end...

Do they have a price for just the conversion...I don't want to go thru and add everything up
Old 10-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hick
A loaded question...Klein and CW ??? I have campaigned two Electric CW Sprints for over 3 years now. If I was to start racing Nitro Sprints I would go with Klein. This is what I have observed first hand that makes Klein a better choice over CW. IMO:

Dennis supports his team and his cars like a mother hen. Parts are readily available, at your LHS or online. He and his team drivers are truly into helping you out trackside. BTW, the R&D Driver races in your area. The cars appear to be easily to set-up and race on any surface. Cars are made of better materials.

However, there are several other options!
Taking nothing way from the CW, IMO the Klein is un-matched in quality. The Klein is NOT mass produced, packaged in a sharp 4 color box, a "open bag A see figure 2C" kit. The Klein IS, precision machined one at the time by Dennis himself; super high quality, very drivable, extremely durable, great looking R/C sprint. Dennis races, researches and builds these cars. They are very consistent but also very nearly "one offs". Since they are machined by "the man" you get a great quality car but you need to be patient. It is like dealing with a great gun smith or any other artesian. You get you pay, and wait for just the best sprint car out there (IMO). Parts availability is really no big deal. The plate, cage, arms and front and rear shock towers are the only truly Klein parts on the car. Everything else is basically AE and available just about any where. It is very unlikely that you will break the cage or plate so keep a couple extra shock towers and set of arms on hand and your good. You will more than likely invest in these spares no matter what you drive.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default which one

Ive been thinking about the same thing. I hear so much about both cars and Im having a hard time deciding. I want something reliable and competitive at the same time. There both about the same price but the CW car has a full clutch set to complete the car. If you add that price into the Klein car it makes it more expensive. Hard to decide.............
Old 10-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Thanks everyone. Great info. I was worried about the cage of the Klien breaking, but seems that may not be an issue.

MrDirt. I need a car to start with first. It looks like that Dynotech sells a conversion for the CW? Is that right?

Thanks
Tom
Old 10-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

If the track is pavement smooth the CW is a good car, if however you run on a real dirt track that changes every heat give the Klein a good look, but if you are looking for the best bang for the buck look at the bullet proof car it is darn near indistructable I have seen one put the nose of the car through a piece of 1/2 inch plywood and be thrown back out on the track and finish, neither of the other two will do that, one will break (CW) the other will fold up (Klein) Just my opinion but I think the BP is much easier to set up and handles more neutral. iIf you can talk Fischer into giving you his set up for the CW it is wicked fast, like wise with the Klein but Cris Cramer is the man when it comes to setting one up.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Rookie

The Bulletproof was just freshened up too,is now lighter more durable and more adjustable.The new cars placed in the top 4 at 4 DODC tour races this year.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Any link on the BP car? Is it a conversion or a kit?

Thanks for the info.

Tom
Old 10-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

just my type of topic! IMO I ran a the new GBX cars and was not overly impressed. I'm not saying they are not good cars,because CW has proven to be national Champions. BUT!!!! I drove a KLEIN and never looked back! It is very tunable for loose tracks and even hard packed clay like Bakersfield! I have hit a concreate barrier head on and did some damage as you would to any car, but the funny thing is it didn't break any parts! Dennis re-designed the Menace for 2005 and it is a great car. very strong and can hold it's own in speed! Dennise and myself finished 2nd & 3rd in the electric class at the Bakersfield DODC race, with the exceptoin of the winner of the race we beat a field of CW direct drive cars. so I say Klein is the way to go!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

The BP car is a conversion for the losi. I think you will like the Klein car. It is very easy to work on and responds to changes quite well. If you have any questions about set-ups let me know or Dennis. We would be glad to help.

Tim McNutt.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Tim,
I am trying to get a Klein kit now.

Does anyone have a link for the Bulletproof chassis conversion. I have an extra XXX-NT laying around right now.

Tom
Old 10-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Rookie

The `BP` is a losi conversion,The `bulletproof `is a conversion which uses some rc10 and associated parts.Contact Joe Telesca at [email protected] for bulletproof parts or info
Attached Thumbnails Klein or Customworks??? That is the question?-vom10a.jpg   Klein or Customworks??? That is the question?-vom10b.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.