King Motor RC

Old 03-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Originally Posted by 92 vert
I see your in the Midwest....lots of largescale races are planned this year in the area if you are into racing.
Yes,... thanks for the heads up. I'll be at a few along with some others from STL. Hopefully we'll get more interested in 1/5th in our area.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

It has exploded up here...the 2 tracks by me have sold around 40 1/5th since Christmas.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by evostyle
Unless your putting money into my account I'll spend it as I please.

If you would like to discuss the "clone issue" there is already a thread to do so. Please use the search function next time. I know it's really difficult for some people so I've included a simple link that only requires.... blah blah ]
Proud are we.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Cool vids Aquito! What pipe is on your T1000?
This one.

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/THOR_Tune..._p/km66056.htm

It sounds perfect not too quiet and not too loud. The one I had on my ksrc001 was too loud with the 23cc motor and when I upgrade to 30.5cc was just absurdly loud jaja neighbors would think it was a 2 stroke motocross bike
Old 03-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Proud are we.
Thanks for your contribution. Too bad were not closer to race together. I would love to show you the roost on this KM 30.5cc. Hell that maybe all you get to see....
Old 03-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

I just wanna share what kind of customer support that I've gotten from "DAN" at King Motor RC. To make a long story short. I didn't want the electronics or tires that came with the advertised baja, so I emailed Dan and he gave me a discount on the baja ARTR (no electronics ) AND he included the tires I wanted (bow ties) in place of the stock tires.

Now..... what other company does that?? (crickets.... crickets.... one dog barks in the background)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aquito
This one.

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/THOR_Tune..._p/km66056.htm

It sounds perfect not too quiet and not too loud. The one I had on my ksrc001 was too loud with the 23cc motor and when I upgrade to 30.5cc was just absurdly loud jaja neighbors would think it was a 2 stroke motocross bike
Same one I had on my T1000 and my current KM Baja. I think this is the best pipe for the engine.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 92 vert
It has exploded up here...the 2 tracks by me have sold around 40 1/5th since Christmas.
That's great news... can't wait to race with you guys this summer.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sugelle
Larry,

What are your thoughts about the t1000 Baja truck? How is the quality and durability? Are all the parts capatible with HPI? I am thinking about getting a 1/5 scale soon and trying to decide on the Losi DBXL or maybe one of these.
I have a 3yr old KM Rev 2-speed. Hard to argue the value. I wen to a local spot were everyone was running HPI. They were breaking stuff just as easily as the parts that HPI-owners-who've-never-seen-a-KM-in-person claims KM parts break. As a matter of fact, all the guys there were really cool people and didn't diss my KM. A couple actually said the durability is the same.

In comparison, there were 2 weak spots I found with the KM vs HPI. The shaft boots were much weaker and there is a brake pin that sheared easily. The hubs on the wheels were plastic and rounded easily, but I believe the 1st gen 5B wheels did the same.

I took me a while to finally break/bend something for real. that was done doing what I knew was not suppose to be done.....jumping. These and 5B's were not up to that task. I was warned by the HPI guys, but did it anyway.

Today's KMs have much better components. The braces are way more beefy, the plastics are stronger, the wheels have steel hexes, the track is wider, they come with 4 bolt 30.5cc engine and tuned pipes, 8krpm clutch, and much more. You can even get one with a RCMK 28.5cc engine (less displacement, but stronger).

That said, I really like how the Losi vehicles are laid out. I think they are overpriced though. the DBXL looks sweet, but way too slow for $1000. For that price you can get a KM, sell the 30.5 motor, get a set of truck wheels and tires, buy a full mod RCMK 30.5 full-mod from Gizmo (nearly twice the power of the 30.5 you sell), and a pair of aluminum upper rear suspension arms, and keep $50 in your pocket. It will be a beast, but only have 2wd.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

I couldn't agree more. KM has really taken some steps to make these better than the "original".
Old 03-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

I just wanna share what kind of customer support that I've gotten from "DAN" at King Motor RC. To make a long story short. I didn't want the electronics or tires that came with the advertised baja, so I emailed Dan and he gave me a discount on the baja ARTR (no electronics ) AND he included the tires I wanted (bow ties) in place of the stock tires.

Now..... what other company does that?? (crickets.... crickets.... one dog barks in the background)
Same here. I've dealt with Dan a few times and customer service is awesome. He gave me a killer deal on my 2 bajas and a spare 30.5cc motor.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by metoo
I have a 3yr old KM Rev 2-speed. Hard to argue the value. I wen to a local spot were everyone was running HPI. They were breaking stuff just as easily as the parts that HPI-owners-who've-never-seen-a-KM-in-person claims KM parts break. As a matter of fact, all the guys there were really cool people and didn't diss my KM. A couple actually said the durability is the same.

In comparison, there were 2 weak spots I found with the KM vs HPI. The shaft boots were much weaker and there is a brake pin that sheared easily. The hubs on the wheels were plastic and rounded easily, but I believe the 1st gen 5B wheels did the same.

I took me a while to finally break/bend something for real. that was done doing what I knew was not suppose to be done.....jumping. These and 5B's were not up to that task. I was warned by the HPI guys, but did it anyway.

Today's KMs have much better components. The braces are way more beefy, the plastics are stronger, the wheels have steel hexes, the track is wider, they come with 4 bolt 30.5cc engine and tuned pipes, 8krpm clutch, and much more. You can even get one with a RCMK 28.5cc engine (less displacement, but stronger).

That said, I really like how the Losi vehicles are laid out. I think they are overpriced though. the DBXL looks sweet, but way too slow for $1000. For that price you can get a KM, sell the 30.5 motor, get a set of truck wheels and tires, buy a full mod RCMK 30.5 full-mod from Gizmo (nearly twice the power of the 30.5 you sell), and a pair of aluminum upper rear suspension arms, and keep $50 in your pocket. It will be a beast, but only have 2wd.
Only thing I have broken was the rear shock brace. is absolutely garbage it was so weak I could bent it with my hand. I replaced it with a turtle racing one. Besides that I haven't broken anything else
Old 03-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Does anyone have any coupon codes?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Does anyone have any coupon codes?
I've don't know if King Motor RC does coupon codes. If you go direct to their site instead of the ebay store it's cheaper. Also, most everything is free shipping. If your wanting something specific just email Dan at King Motor.

Last edited by evostyle; 03-10-2014 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

I should be getting my baja monday, got a good deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.