Sct oval ?

Old 02-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sct oval ?

Ok i have a losi xxx sct running oval carpet having a hard time getting to go threw the corners i am running sct goosebumps up front subculters on the rear now pple at the track say if i would run 2.2 tires like road hawgs on it it will hook up but the track owner is willing to trade me my truck which is setup for mod racing is will to trade for a sc10 set up for stock sct oval plus i have to give him my other xxx sct roller and $50 what do i do is there anyone out there that runs a losi on carpet and make it turn with out losing speed or am i better with out it
Old 02-10-2014, 06:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Have the guys help set yours up the losi is just as good as the sc10
Old 02-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They did they help me get the right height and all but we can figure out the whole why it wont corner good
Old 02-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Were you the one at the track in Wausau this last sunday? If so, then you should really try the tires that the other guys run in that class before changing whole trucks. The Road Hawgs grab that track perfect and make a huge difference! When we switched from regular sct tires to them, it easily made a 4-6 lap difference in our first runs and we have only been getting faster! Plus, just getting the ride height set is only a small part of the set up. That track requires a fine line of adjustments to other things like chassis weight bias, shock setup, and getting the right combination of shock springs.

If you have any questions, let me know. I was the one running the purple late model bodied Sc10. I will help you any way I can. I won't be able to make it for the next two weeks but I will be more than happy to answer any setup questions you have.

Also, make sure if the truck still has the servo saver spring and nut, that it is cranked completely tight. You will need to set that tight so that it can handle the pressure put on the tires running those tight corners at speed.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Most important set up adjustment is tires, tires, tires; did I mention tires.

You can have a great chassis setup and wrong tires and be completely out to lunch.

See what the fast guys are running and get the same. Make certain about type of tire, insert, and the rubber (very soft, soft, medium, hard, etc).
Old 02-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

That servo saver can be a big part of the problem. Crank it tight! Some guys even glue 'em up solid.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I do have my servo saver glued tight.. It was way too light otherwise. I do keep a stock spare for when I put the truck back together for off road though.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Inline steering blocks might help too. Less lateral stress on tie rods when turning in. You'll lose some straight line stability, but you get around the corner better.