X-Factory oval?

Old 10-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default X-Factory oval?

Anyone running the X-Factory SCX60-CF in the SC Modified class?

Curious how the mid motor design will work. Thanks

Tim
Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

One of our local racers is running the earlier version (not carbon fiber) and he is one of the fastest of the twelve regulars we have in that class. I sold him the truck a year or so ago when I got out of the class. Our SC late model is open to any basic SC chassis with up to 13.5 brushless. We have some running LTO chassis as well as the traditional SC chassis. 200' tri oval that is clay surface. It is very fast when damp.

The X-Factory mid motor set up is great. How many copy cats do we now have? Losi, AE, Durango all have seen the light.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

in oval mid motor is the best thing makes for no swinging motion i run the x buggy in street stock and modified and also ran b4's and sc10's but keep going back to old faithful cause i feel its just that much better
Old 10-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ran xfactory in an open mod modified and could not get the motor gearing what I wanted. Had numerous transmissions strip idle gears, one when my father was in a transfer for the chili bowl jr A last year. He ran the car as sportsman(still used open motors) and had heating issues. I ran the buggy as a b mod here in OK and at chili bowl. Shortened up shocks on rear and had a home made usmts body was a b main car at chili bowl jr, with battery located to left and up even with servo. I always thought these would be good cars for limited motor cars on oval. I did give up on them for open motor cars and will run one as a street stock. But have had CCS make me chassis's for a mid motor SC10 and B4. And with the chassis I have now can run a motor on the left or right side of transmission. Will see how they work.