What's the ranking for 1/5 brands??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the ranking for 1/5 brands??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What's the ranking for 1/5 brands??

I'm new to this area of R/C. Can anyone tell me how the manufacturers rank as far as 1/5 TC? Who's the best and who's not as far as quality, parts support etc.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DVUS HELI
I'm new to this area of R/C. Can anyone tell me how the manufacturers rank as far as 1/5 TC? Who's the best and who's not as far as quality, parts support etc.
Very hard to tell who or which manufacturer is the number 1, as they are all very close in quality and finish but each has their own speciality.
To me any of the following are great:
(The order does not matter, it is in alpha ethical order)
Contrast, FG, Genius, Harm, Lautherbacker, RS5
This are the top 6 manufactures in the world
What matters to you is parts availability and what's the type of car most people drive near your track.
I say that because parts availability is important in case you break something and you don't want to wait and it is also important to have a car that the majority drives so that drivers can help you set up.

Hope this helps
Old 06-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Answer

So if it's parts avaliability, the answer is FG, FG, FG. Same for durability and as competitive as any car out there.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+1 on the FG. Part availability is big. Specially here in the states.

LuisR, I noticed that you're in Miramar. Do you bash or only race? I'm in Miramar as well.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gt100
+1 on the FG. Part availability is big. Specially here in the states.

LuisR, I noticed that you're in Miramar. Do you bash or only race? I'm in Miramar as well.
I am trying to start a 1/5 on-road club racing at the race track in Homestead speedway. There a few of us here in Miami with on-road 1/5 scale cars and as soon as this weather settles (lots of rain lately) I will setup a "test and tune" day so that we can meet up, do you have an On-Road 1/5 scale car?
Old 06-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LuisR
I am trying to start a 1/5 on-road club racing at the race track in Homestead speedway. There a few of us here in Miami with on-road 1/5 scale cars and as soon as this weather settles (lots of rain lately) I will setup a "test and tune" day so that we can meet up, do you have an On-Road 1/5 scale car?
I have a few 1/5 scales but none started life as onroads. They're all offroads that I run onroad with onroad wheels. The only thing is the few people I run with, all run for speed. There are about 5 of us and all have basically highly modded FG bajas. I'd be interested in checking you guys out though when you do run in Homestead.
And yes, this rain lately has been horrible.
PM me if you guys come up with a date or any other info.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd go with FG as #1 in the world --there's other great ones--but from a reliability and handling standpoint with the best parts support--you can't beat them! And #1 for suppliers--FG Supply AKA VS Modelsports!! There's no one better for help then Victor and Angel -- if they don't have it--they'll help you get it!! And can help you with current setup tips and tuning for all your cars.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
I'd go with FG as #1 in the world --there's other great ones--but from a reliability and handling standpoint with the best parts support--you can't beat them! And #1 for suppliers--FG Supply AKA VS Modelsports!! There's no one better for help then Victor and Angel -- if they don't have it--they'll help you get it!! And can help you with current setup tips and tuning for all your cars.
Agree also DDM have FG parts now, Me I love FG Supply alway great service & they get to know to know their coustomers great guys.Whats up Victor & Angel
Old 07-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys. Been MIA since I posted. I live in Bermuda, so everything I'd need has to be shipped in. I've been looking at the FG Sportsline E version. Seems avg price range is from 13-1500 bucks. Gotta make a call to Santa lol.