Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bandit RC Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Bandit RC Bodies

Does anyone have a pic of the Bandit HD Monte Carlo? Ive seen their short track Taurus and its awesome. But I cant seem to find a pic of their Monte.

Can anyboy post a link or a pic?
Old 05-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hobbytalk, oval racing forum has a badit bodies thread in oval racing product support, page three has some pis of the M.C.
And a cool paint job I think.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

its not bad....not as sleek as the Bandit Short Track Taurus. Thats a bad mofo.

The Bandit MC looks "fatter" than I expected. Its closer to the HPI Monte quarter panels, and the nose is kinda rounded off, almost like a Ford. Then again, maybe its just that paint scheme in that pic on hobbytalk.

Seems to me the 3 best "new" bodies out there are the Bandit Short Track Taurus, the McAllister Monte, and the Protoform '04 Med-Downforce Charger.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Bandit RC Bodies

Originally posted by RaceFan3
Does anyone have a pic of the Bandit HD Monte Carlo? Ive seen their short track Taurus and its awesome. But I cant seem to find a pic of their Monte.

Can anyboy post a link or a pic?
here is the Monte that I just finished with a retro Dale Jr paint job.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Capt Micro----thats a badboy right there. Nice work.

I have about 6-7 bodies that ive done, and the only "tribute" car Ive done was just recently---I did a Davey Allison #28 Havoline car. I had an old '91 short track Thunderbird laying around and did it up retro Allison style. All the rest of my stock car bodies I did custom paint schemes on.

Looking at your Dale Jr car, what shade of Blue did you use? it looks brighter than Jrs real life car of that year, but I like it. Its more flourescent-looking, but that could just be the lighting in the pic. So what kind of blue is that?
Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It isnt as light as it looks in the pic but it did come out a little lighter than I wanted. The color is Faspearl blue backed with white. A darker colored backing or maybe the fasblue would have been closer to the actual color of the car but since it will be run indoors on the carpet, the lighter color will make it easier to see so I can live with it.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thats cool. I put alot of flourecent blue trim on alot of my bodies. I think its a really cool color when its done right. The trick with blue is that there are a million different shades of it. Plus, I think its a tough color to get covered because if you over/underspray one area of it, it really shows up obvious. (Blue and Green are the worst like that).

I just did a whole body flourescent blue with a flourescent orange stripe on the bottom of the nose and rocker panels. The good thing about that one was I could just back the entire car white. It came out pretty good, but there are a couple spots on the blue that are darker than others. (so I covered em with sitckers haha).

But the shade you got out of the pearl blue looks great I think.