DLM body for slash 4x4 ?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default DLM body for slash 4x4 ?

Hey guys i really want to get started in my local SCT DLM class and was wondering what i need to do to get a body on my slash 4x4? what kinds of bodies? and if i should do any other setups to race it competitevely, any information is much appreciated!!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AllaroundGuyRc View Post
Hey guys i really want to get started in my local SCT DLM class and was wondering what i need to do to get a body on my slash 4x4? what kinds of bodies? and if i should do any other setups to race it competitevely, any information is much appreciated!!
Any of the 1/8 scale late model bodies wil work. The Losi seems to be a popular one, but I prefer the onstat body from onstatracing.com. Stalkerrc.com and cmbodies.com also offer nice choices. Other choices are the RJ Speed body and the OFNA body.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm a big fan of stalker bodies, but you really can't go wrong. The biggest tip I can give for slash 4x4 on an oval is avoid running a center diff. The plastic that the diff housing is made of heats up incredibly since you are always on the throttle. It basically melts it to goop. The biggest help was adding a side board to my lm body, but that all depends on what rules will be in place as well.