Search

Traxxas Funny Car!! Ashley Force

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GASSPRINT1
i guess in off road an 8th oval racing i try too hard then...lol

i'm thinking where they claim the 70+mph, they ran it on a real drag strip in the video. no wonder they have so much traction....
The 70+ was in the front parking lot of Traxxas Headquarters...a normal concrete parking lot in Texas, expansion joints and all.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah but the vides were at the drag strip..but hey ,any drag cars need a good smooth surface adn it dont hurt to mix some coloa ,sugar and water for alittle traction compound,LOL
Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just saw a email from my LHS and they mention RC Drag Racing events on Wednesday nights at Norwalk. I'm assuming they are talking about Summit Motorsports Park but I'm not positive.

"Stay tuned for 2012 medina R/C race schedule COMING SOON,as well as plans for a wed night r/c drag race events this summer at norwalk.Keep watch for Local flying events that will be sent out as well very soon."
Old 04-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Keep us posted on here Terry2003,as well as anybody else who might now local clubs or tracks thats going to be running these traxxas funny cars.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys whats the updates on anybody clubs or anybody running these 1/8th funny cars???????? also if so please lets post pictures and info.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scottman2007
Hey guys whats the updates on anybody clubs or anybody running these 1/8th funny cars???????? also if so please lets post pictures and info.
Just an FYI, The Timing systems just shipped ad the APP for it (which is CRAZZY), will be in the app store on saturday or sunday. They will have Bracket racing setup on it...and a printout of your timeslip, just like in real drag racing...You can do this with any car, of course....
Old 08-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just received the timing system. I can not wait to use it.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Found these a coupek of days ago when i was looking for Nitro funny cars. look like a hoot to drive. Not wanting to hack the thread but does anyone know if there are any Nitro ones around.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
Just received the timing system. I can not wait to use it.
Do you have a docking base on your Traxxas Transmitter??
It is a night and day difference....you become the race director and can print out time slips, invite other drivers to read their specs real-time, view a real time display of all of the sensors and laser temps, etc....it is crazy....its like 30 bucks or so for the module and you attach it to your traxxas radio.
Hope this helps...
Old 08-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
Do you have a docking base on your Traxxas Transmitter??
It is a night and day difference....you become the race director and can print out time slips, invite other drivers to read their specs real-time, view a real time display of all of the sensors and laser temps, etc....it is crazy....its like 30 bucks or so for the module and you attach it to your traxxas radio.
Hope this helps...
I bought the docking base at he same time. As a drag racer myself. I could not race without the docking base. LOL From what I have read, it is like the real deal. I am shopping for a second Funny Car for my son so we can start racing. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

I bought the docking base at he same time. As a drag racer myself. I could not race without the docking base. LOL From what I have read, it is like the real deal. I am shopping for a second Funny Car for my son so we can start racing. Thanks for the info.
No problem! If you need help while you are setting it up (or if you want to know how to quickly access some of the new features that not everyone knows about), call 888-Traxxas and ask for Jason Stephens.....He has been using them at the NHRA Demos.....He is on the Dealer line,,,,
Old 08-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
No problem! If you need help while you are setting it up (or if you want to know how to quickly access some of the new features that not everyone knows about), call 888-Traxxas and ask for Jason Stephens.....He has been using them at the NHRA Demos.....He is on the Dealer line,,,,
Thanks a million. Good to know. I will be picking his brain.
Thanks again.
I know my first question will be if you can deep stage. I may find out before I call. I am leaving for a race in a couple day, when I return I will be setting this up and calling my friends over. Since I have one car now. I think I will have everyone drop $5 for best ET, best reaction time......... No crashing I hope. LOL
Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks a million. Good to know. I will be picking his brain.
Thanks again.
I know my first question will be if you can deep stage. I may find out before I call. I am leaving for a race in a couple day, when I return I will be setting this up and calling my friends over. Since I have one car now. I think I will have everyone drop $5 for best ET, best reaction time......... No crashing I hope. LOL
The DTS-1 will allow for Deep staging. When you deep stage you will notice that the pre-stage lights go out and the stage lights stay lite. See page 9 of your owners manual for more detailed information.

Straight from page 9.
"The timing system allows “deep staging.” When a vehicle is deep-staged, the pre-stage LEDs will go out while the stage LEDs stay lit. The racer is disqualified if the vehicle rolls forward enough so that both the pre-stage and stage beams are unbroken. See “Deep stage” definition in the Glossary for more information."
Old 08-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GASSPRINT1
i guess in off road an 8th oval racing i try too hard then...lol

i'm thinking where they claim the 70+mph, they ran it on a real drag strip in the video. no wonder they have so much traction....
If you do the proper burnout, itll have more traction than you need on any concrete or asphalt. The Funny cars actually werent that explosive on the dragstrip, because there were huge chunks of rubber on the track and the rubber-on-rubber was ore slippery than running on regular pavement.
The 70MPH is on 3s in the front of Traxxas, which is a normal street, un-prepped, with normal expansion joints and everything. Its not easy at forst, but once you find the proper burnout, and proper launch setting, for the conditions you are in that day, you can burn 70mph runs consistently. :-)
Old 08-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone messed with diff fluids or rear shock oils?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.