Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Bought A Redcat Rampage XB

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

well guys got her all cleaned up and she looks brand new now, Found 0 busted parts, Will get pics of her up tomorrow after work.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

ok guys if anyone wanted to see them here is the pics now that I cleaned it all up.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Thumbs up nice

she looks good
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Rookie

You got an great deal. I have an XB-E and an XB. Despite what the haters say, these vehicles are not comparable to Redcat's 1/10 and 1/8 vehicles (that are kinda crap).

My XB-E gets the you-know-what kicked out of it and i've only replaced one lower suspension arm pin (hit a tree), one shock tower and the steering servo. You already have the steering servo replaced.

A couple of mods you'll have to do, replace the front spindles and rear hubs with the alloy units from 7075rc. The stock units won't break but the bearings are too small and will fail.

Also, the plastic gear plate may fail at some point...replace it with the alloy gear plate for the Rampage MT along with it's larger bearings and you'll be good.

Rob
PS, yes, I am a dealer but I won't give praise where it's not due. Google RampageShop to find me online but I highly doubt you'll have to buy many parts : )
Old 03-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Thumbs up '

any updates
Old 03-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

no sorry on the update, been working and baby will be here in about 2 weeks so been to busy to give it a go yet, Thank you for reminding me about it though......lol........I promise I will update when I get the chance to test her out.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TedMosby
Looks good man.
I know you don't want to hear this, as you seemed kinda irritated by nutz4rcyktw's comment (even though you asked the question), but unless the previous owner has already done so, you can look forward to doing a lot of upgrading on the redcat. You said the gears look new, and they probably are. If they are the redcat brand white gears, the previous owner probably replaced them to sell the thing. They likely won't last one day unless you're gently putting around. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to rain on your parade, but if you've driven a baja and now own a redcat, you're not going to be happy without a ton of upgrades. Still $250 would be hard to pass up...Good luck with it.
"Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to rain on your parade"
then stfu? why would you even say anything.......

do you own a redcat?
if you did you would know a combination of the white plastic gears and metal ones are the best combo to have.... or just fit a belt drive.
and btw my stock plastic gears lasted 3 months, as i achally researched about this car and vented the gear cover so they dont over heat.......DO YOUR RESEARCH....exacly the same with the baja, if u run a baja right out the box without give it the check overs it will fall apart....

ohhhh theres like a $400ish price difference between a baja and a redcat..... ohhh what do u know an extra $400 to spend on hopups, and it will be just as fast as a modded baja for less money.........ALOT less money....

You're not going to feel a difference in handling persay, but you will notice better traction off the line and out of a loose turn with 4WD over your bajas that's for sure.

Justin
LOL??? traction is handling...... and with 4x4 thats 2 wheels more traction giving you better handling
You will see a MASSIVE handling difference in all aspects. a baja will spin out on a dirt corner full throttle...4x4 will not! u can just power tho with a little oversteer.... BUT you wont get the top speed or acceleration a baja has because ur splitting engine power over 4 wheels not 2.

dont say yes a baja can go round a corner full thottle, because it cant.... it can SLIDE!! round a corner yes.... but sliding round a corner and gripping is 2 different things

people need to stop talking sh%£ about a brand they have never owned or used.

nice Xb you have there cdewalt1985, how are you finding it? i can see lots of little, inexpencive mods u should do, and you will have a very reliable fun beasty there.
is it as bad as you have made it out to be or are you liking it?

sounds like your opinion on redcat has changed abit?