Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the new x from traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Interesting evolution. It used to be that 100mph was something to shoot for via aftermarket batteries and motors. Now, you can get that out of the box. I guess the quest will now be for every basher to attempt to reach 150, then 175, then 200.

Nevertheless, out of the box, this thing will result in an increased incidence of broken feet and ankles amongst the plethora of intellectually-challenged consumers.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slubben
Ugly @$$ traxxas body. Yet another useless traxxas product. Stick to making monster trucks. If I want to go fast at this scale I'll go by a Kyosho Inferno.
Ugly? I guess I am the only one who thinks the body looks awesome.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

All these speed rustler people mod/make are pretty much obsolete now. I as well think the body looks pretty cool.

Like someone said, they will have no issue what so ever selling this. First question people think/ask when getting in the hobby is " how fast ". Sure it might not sell as much to the hardcore hobbyist/racer, but they are the minority as compared to new people getting into the hobby or just avg weekend bashers.

Come to think of it when I bought my first RC I bought the one that had the biggest # for speed on the box lol.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think it looks good and appeals to the majority of R/C owners who are backyard/parking lot bashers. Traxxas makes market based decisions and they pay very intelligent people to figure out what the next step should be. Like it or not Traxxas didn't build this car to be raced competitively lol. They build it for that "wow" factor. How many other companies have come out with a radio that has a freaking iphone dock on it? Haha it seems a little over the top but it's definitely thinking outside of the box.

Bottom line: Haters gonna hate
Old 11-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MojoManDan
Ugly? I guess I am the only one who thinks the body looks awesome.
That body IS awesome. How can you like onroad and not like it??
Old 11-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Thats really not that bad of a price even at 600-700$ range. My flux was about 700$ and it didnt even come with batteries or a way to plug into my idevice. Thats pretty BA that I can just go buy a turn key 100mph super car. I like it, will be a blast to bring to track days.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, I don't think it is a very appealing car or body design. The guys at
Traxxas must be delirious with the 1/7 scale. Time will tell. Regards
Norman
Old 11-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yet another traxxas product that can't race in any class. its too expensive for first timers to get into the hobby. but the idea is cool though 100mph is just about the only thing you need to say. I would be more on board with it if it was a true 8th scale.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Posted by Castle

"We developed a whole new stator and rotor design for this car -- it uses a shorter and lighter rotor for faster spin-up, and is up to 4% more efficient than the original 1717.

The stator design was optimized for higher maximum currents, and higher saturation currents -- so the efficiency doesn't "brick wall" at extreme currents.

The controller is the newest version of the MMM, with the new Infineon BSC011 extreme MOSFETS, with .0011 ohms / MOSFET. The additional capacitor pack was required to keep the ripple currents at the controller input at a minimum during extremely high (300+ Amp) currents during acceleration.

This is also our first ESC to implement our "Castle Link Live" operating mode, which reports ESC data in real-time to the receiver without using any external wiring. This allows the ESC data (like RPM, temperature, etc.) to be displayed in real-time on the IPhone/Ipod touch application.

Very cool implementation.

Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations "
Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohdeeuhm
I think it looks good and appeals to the majority of R/C owners who are backyard/parking lot bashers. Traxxas makes market based decisions and they pay very intelligent people to figure out what the next step should be. Like it or not Traxxas didn't build this car to be raced competitively lol. They build it for that "wow" factor. How many other companies have come out with a radio that has a freaking iphone dock on it? Haha it seems a little over the top but it's definitely thinking outside of the box.

Bottom line: Haters gonna hate
+1

The thing that I wonder though, being this is a competitive hobby, you know some people are going to test this on an on-road course, heck, it might make a cool new spec class. (could it be a Slash class all over again, but for on-road?)
Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Interesting offering...

IMHO, I like the scale, but 1/2 the speed and 1/2 the price would sit well with me. You do get a lot in that package... but really.. 1100, I am sure it is worth it.... but really...

TRAXXAS knows thier customers, so it will be interesting to see how popular this car is.

and the TRAXXAS guys say it will be 1100 street... not 600-700

We are all looking for the on road "slash", this is not going to be it... at least in this form...
Old 11-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Rookie

I dont get what market this is aimed at. None of your typical traxxas customers will be able to control it, let alone afford it. Its a cool car, but I can't help but picture what it will look like after Johnny Everyday puts it nose-first into the curb at 85mph.

I can't help but feel that this could potentially do more harm then good to the hobby. This is NOT a good rc to get started in the hobby with for various reasons, but being a Traxxas it will inevitably be marketed to newbies. I could see this being a VERY frustrating expeirence filled with loose/missing screws, damaged private property, and smashed Traxxas plastic.

I personally feel that the nitro 4-tec was already bordering on stupid fast for an entry-level kit, this is just rediciulous. The 100mph mark is not for inexperienced drivers, period.

I absolutly HATE the controller/i-phone deal. Overly complicated parlor trick IMO.

I absolutly LOVE the body. I dont know about whats underneath, but that body looks fantastic.

Imagine if Traxxas had released this as an un-assembled kit with no radio. Then it would be aimed at the right customers (more experienced modelers), and it would have completly changed my opinions of Traxxas as a company and what they are capable of.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MojoManDan
Nevertheless, out of the box, this thing will result in an increased incidence of broken feet and ankles amongst the plethora of intellectually-challenged consumers.
Yeah, my first thought upon seeing it was, "early Xmas gift for product liability lawyers..."
Old 11-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

first of all it will never be 600.00 or 800.00 cause it cost way more then that and unless they drop the cost u might get that and with the radio system with a iphone docking station plus the lipo batteries included u will never get the cost down .......and the only way it goes 100+ is ur need the traxxas app with ur iphone so if u dont have one u can get it to do that ........i think traxxas should have made 1/8 offroad to compete with the other companies that would have been better just imo.......
Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zebra Cakez
I dont get what market this is aimed at. None of your typical traxxas customers will be able to control it, let alone afford it. Its a cool car, but I can't help but picture what it will look like after Johnny Everyday puts it nose-first into the curb at 85mph.

I can't help but feel that this could potentially do more harm then good to the hobby. This is NOT a good rc to get started in the hobby with for various reasons, but being a Traxxas it will inevitably be marketed to newbies. I could see this being a VERY frustrating expeirence filled with loose/missing screws, damaged private property, and smashed Traxxas plastic.

I personally feel that the nitro 4-tec was already bordering on stupid fast for an entry-level kit, this is just rediciulous. The 100mph mark is not for inexperienced drivers, period.

I absolutly HATE the controller/i-phone deal. Overly complicated parlor trick IMO.

I absolutly LOVE the body. I dont know about whats underneath, but that body looks fantastic.

Imagine if Traxxas had released this as an un-assembled kit with no radio. Then it would be aimed at the right customers (more experienced modelers), and it would have completly changed my opinions of Traxxas as a company and what they are capable of.
There is no way a newbie would purchase this at this price unless they are wealthy ass idiots that burn through money for no reason. It is not targeted at newbies. Traxxas CLEARLY states on their Product information page: Experts Only!

There is a lot of new innovative features in this model from electronics to gear box. Not that it is a big selling feature but vehicles that come to market like this may pave the way for improvements in other market segments.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.