the new x from traxxas

Old 01-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by txaggie08
So it is slash suspension.....good I want a set of the 17mm purpose built uprights for my gt8, and that front bumper holder....it should all bolt right up
Its not slash suspension. The A arms look the same I'm pretty sure they are I have to compare them directly to tell. But thats about it. what else do you think is the same? I was comparing it to my stampede's gear.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Has a final price been set on these yet?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Compare the cases(which looking at them appear the same) on the diffs. If the arms are the same, I can pretty well guarantee you diff cases and turnbuckles are the same. The shocks may be different, and the towers may or may not be the same setup(I realize they are using the offset spacer, doesn't mean they're not the same dimensions), I wouldn't be surprised if the used revo spec shocks(looking at your picture, I'd say yes), which a lot of us are using in GT8 lite cars and dirt oval setups. If the towers are different I'd like to lay hands on them, and if the cases are the same, as they appear to be, the bumper should work.

There's nothing WRONG with it being based of the slash suspension.... I'm hoping it is in fact, for inter-compatibility.....
Old 01-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Yes they are the same suspension arms as a Slash 4x4 and thats where the similarities end.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Compare the cases(which looking at them appear the same) on the diffs. If the arms are the same, I can pretty well guarantee you diff cases and turnbuckles are the same. The shocks may be different, and the towers may or may not be the same setup(I realize they are using the offset spacer, doesn't mean they're not the same dimensions), I wouldn't be surprised if the used revo spec shocks(looking at your picture, I'd say yes), which a lot of us are using in GT8 lite cars and dirt oval setups. If the towers are different I'd like to lay hands on them, and if the cases are the same, as they appear to be, the bumper should work.

There's nothing WRONG with it being based of the slash suspension.... I'm hoping it is in fact, for inter-compatibility.....
Pretty sure the shocks are unique. I doubt the diffs are teh same to handle the power and weight of this car I would be very surprised. The turnbuckles appear to be similar to just about everything else out there as well.

I'm going to get into doing some real comparisons later on today when i have some time since I'm snowed in.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

XO-1 use's Jato shocks.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RRHobbyDepot
Who had it? Where'd u get it? We wont get them until at least the30th.
Most of the better shops have received them this Friday. All major distributors have also received them. You probably aren't getting yours this time, HobbyDepot.....maybee in a month or two when more are made?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RRHobbyDepot
Congratulations on your purchase. We have all our orders in with HRP. They wont have any in until at least the 30th of this month. Its causing huge havoc here as I've been taking calls from irate customers all morning long. I wish everyone could have gotten them in at the same time. Wow my head hurts...
Everyone (distributors) did get them at the same time, there just aren't enough for everyone. I told you that they were oversold, and you didn't believe me. :-)

Patience, daniel-san....:-)
Old 01-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by frankiebonez
Wow I would raise hell Rick I know a few places in NY have them. That could be a problem with your area rep for Traxxas!!!

On another note I broke it already haha! Was trying to top it out and at about 50mph I goosed the throttle and she spun up. Nosed a curb but slowed down alot....... broke the sweet canard front bumper, going to need a new one of those. And cracked the front clip/chassis. Easy fixes, nothing major, but parts arent available yet so yea, def sucks but expected!

I'm starting to realize how much space I'm going to really need for this thing. My spot is a highway and VERY open and long, straight, and clean and doable. But might not be quite wide enough. Shit happens fast at 100mph haha

Going to order some aluminum parts for this puppy. The A-arms are the same as a slash or stampede.
Some parts are already in stock. Call 1-888-traxxas Directly. Buy a couple of front canards......saves your butt plenty of times, that canard does!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Yea I unlocked it. have to agree to 8 different agreements and then watch a 15 minute video on the ipod lol. Takes like 20 minutes to unlock. you have to change the pinion too which I did. Its not much fun to drive with the big pinion. It just spins the shit out of the tires no traction lol... does that with the smaller one too. I put the smaller pinion back in and its a rocket still doing like 50mph everywhere. And it is sick as hell at drifting!! I personally have a ton more fun with it geared tighter and drifting and going in donuts with it in a parking lot. I think gearing it to l ike 70mph would be perfect for a combination of both top end speed and that fun screwing around factor.

Overall I'm happy with it, its fun. The motor has a TON of torque, you can just feel and hear it in the car. The remote is pretty trick but I'm having issues with it syncing up properly. I have to reload the traxxas app in the ipod or power off/on the remote control.

casualties so far is a wrecked front lip with canards, slightly cracked chassis (crazy glue fixed that though!!!!), rolled the car a few times and scratched the shit out of the body... and I stripped the cush-drive gear. Screwed up the gear mesh when I replaced the pinion SOB. It includes extra gears for the cushs drive so not that big of a deal.

Glad I got it just before the snow!!!

Go into the options area on the app and do a check on the receiver and esc....there are two firmware updates....should fix any syncing issues U may have.
Videos, Bro, Videos!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Has a final price been set on these yet?
$1099 street
Old 01-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pretty sure the shocks are unique. I doubt the diffs are teh same to handle the power and weight of this car I would be very surprised. The turnbuckles appear to be similar to just about everything else out there as well.

I'm going to get into doing some real comparisons later on today when i have some time since I'm snowed in.
The diffs are being promoted as revo diffs, which means they're the same thing. That's from traxxas. There are guys putting mamba monsters in slashes and running them offroad....you think this car is going to put that much more abuse on diffs, or that machine wound motor is THAT much stronger?

If the diffs and arms are the same, especially looking with my own eyes at how the towers and front bumper mounts, I'm going to say the diff cases are the same.

Reality is, there are TONS of guys running slashes as gt8 light, I even have one with the lcg chassis traxxas based there design on. The suspension system works, and works well, my car is fast as hell with a 1/10 motor on 2s. It makes PERFECT sense for traxxas to take parts they can already produce en masse, and reuse them in other cars.....every manufacturer does it. That's the biggest reason they wont release a 1/8 buggy.....have you looked at the manufacturing cost to build all the new molds it would take, and re-tool to make some of this stuff?

There's nothing WRONG with the car being based in the slash 4x4 family. It's a decent platform, and the suspension is versatile enough to do lots of things with. But don't delude yourself into thinking everything on the car is unique. The aerodynamic stuff is, and The castle motor is definitely an interesting size, but the heart of the car(the suspension and basic drivetrain), is part of the family that include the slash 4x4 and the stampede, and will probably includ more vehicle before they're done with it.

That car DOES take 17mm hex wheels right?
Old 01-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
Go into the options area on the app and do a check on the receiver and esc....there are two firmware updates....should fix any syncing issues U may have.
Videos, Bro, Videos!!!!!!
I did still synching problems if under iPod goes to sleep.. Got to turn everything off and on. I set the controller to stay awake when the dash board is open. my buddies jato can compare the shocks to soon.

I was going to call traxxas direct and see but my hobby shop said no parts are available yet.I will see soon. I Def need some front canards lol
Old 01-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

The diffs are being promoted as revo diffs, which means they're the same thing. That's from traxxas. There are guys putting mamba monsters in slashes and running them offroad....you think this car is going to put that much more abuse on diffs, or that machine wound motor is THAT much stronger?

If the diffs and arms are the same, especially looking with my own eyes at how the towers and front bumper mounts, I'm going to say the diff cases are the same.
Reality is, there are TONS of guys running slashes as gt8 light, I even have one with the lcg chassis traxxas based there design on. The suspension system works, and works well, my car is fast as hell with a 1/10 motor on 2s. It makes PERFECT sense for traxxas to take parts they can already produce en masse, and reuse them in other cars.....every manufacturer does it. That's the biggest reason they wont release a 1/8 buggy.....have you looked at the manufacturing cost to build all the new molds it would take, and re-tool to make some of this stuff?

There's nothing WRONG with the car being based in the slash 4x4 family. It's a decent platform, and the suspension is versatile enough to do lots of things with. But don't delude yourself into thinking everything on the car is unique. The aerodynamic stuff is, and The castle motor is definitely an interesting size, but the heart of the car(the suspension and basic drivetrain), is part of the family that include the slash 4x4 and the stampede, and will probably includ more vehicle before they're done with it.

That car DOES take 17mm hex wheels right?
Not deluding myself but apparently you think a huge explanation is needed. Where have you read that all those parts are the same from traxxas? I've heard nothing but here say.... I would l I've to here from traxxas that those parts are the same. From what I see the only part on the outside that is the same is the a arms they appear the same. Shocks aren't the same as anythingi have seen. I haven't compared much else.

You've priced out re tooling costs? You work ink the industry? god knows I haven't and never will lol...

I just want to make my own assessment instead of the aforementioned heresy. If they used parts from the revo I would believe more than the shash... Axles are unique. My stamped uses the same shock tower as a slash and they are similar but not the same it appears. Have to really look and take it apart. Yes it is a 17mm, I would believe a revo based drivetrain is in there if that is the same as a slash then so be it a slash. Don't know how strong theed motor is but it is really torquey and this car is heavier. They did go with custom axles so obviously that part was justifiable in building one off.

There isn't really anything that unique with it other than the little thing they pushed like the cush drive, motor, aerodynamics, and some other little shit.
I plan on ripping into it more today and seeing what is really in it since I want to know for myself. I haven't had time yesterday my stampedd was in the snow hehe

Last edited by frankiebonez; 01-22-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:15 AM
G T
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

what does it matter that they share some of the same parts? almost every company has a car or truck that shares parts with one another. it good buisness. now you have got replacement parts already on HS shelves. makes buying and selling a car easier when there are parts to fix what you break. now lets get back to the real topic here. 100MPH EX01. cant wait to see one in person!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.