Wiki Posts
Search

Working on a different conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Working on a different conversion

Following a lead on the traxxas forums where a guy converted an ERBE to 1/8 onroad. Did so by lowering and running Slayer A-arms on the ERBE chassis.
I have ordered the Slayer Pro Arms and other required items but i am having a tough time nailing down a body to work properly.
He managed to get his hands on the Kyosho Inferno gt2 Corvette C6 shell which had the appropriate wheelbase at 14".

Proline has the PF8-GT shell but it is short at 13.1" although they list it as a replacement for the Inferno GT. I am having a hell of a time trying to find proper specs on any of these shells other than the PF8GT

Does anyone know off hand another body that could work as evidently the Vette c6 from Kyosho is Discontinued and it appears on first measure that the PF8gt will not work properly.

I have a feeling i could run a SC8 shell but i would love to find an onroad body.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

One step closer to getting this done. Suspension is here finally and all mocked up. The body hunt continues. Still trying to find a body that fits the ERBE wheel base of 14.5" and i need it to cover a wheel width of 12.5"

At this point i dont care what kind of body it is as long as it is an onroad. Came too far to give up and just make an E-Slayer out of this lol.

Anyone know of an Onroad body that would fit over this? I thought i could have worked with the Gt body shown in my last post but the truck ended up wider than i was expecting.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Found something that might work. Anyone with the Ofna Viper body on the GTP can you let me know what the wheelbase is? Width and length it might work for me.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Still playing with this one. the Protoform will simply not work with the Slayer Pro arms. So i have the option of swapping down to the original slayer arms, or finding a bigger body. Assembly is complete now minus the electronics, so here is a better idea of the size im after.

Overall (back bumper doesn't need to stay if it doesn't fit under the shell)

Wheelbase

Track f/r is the same

Once its loaded it should still sit pretty low.

When all is said and done im still trying to find a large enough body, with these dimensions will a body designed for the Ofna GTP2 Ultra fit? Or should i just swap to the 5908 Slayer arms?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

looking like one awesome project, keep the pics coming!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Thanks I'm looking forward to finally driving it. I have built a few RC in the past but never custom building on with parts from all over the place.

Ofna hasn't replied and i wasn't able to get an answer from any sellers on ebay about the viper body OFNA #31144. Overall the dimensions are big enough but
I'm curious what the wheelbase is as it is 24.5" long but it says it is for the OfnaGTP Ultra and not the GTP2
Old 10-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Wheels arrived today, i also increased my limiters to 14mm from 12mm. Im liking the ride height now. Measuring the wheels now they are 12 1/4" wide, so im hoping that Protoform Pf8-GT shell might actually fit. i know it is tall and long enough for this project but the width had me really worried.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Great news today, the PF8GT shell will work!

Still a bit of work to go, but thats ok. Its gonna work.