Like Tree18Likes

LOSI 5IVE-T 4WD OFFROAD RACING TRUCK

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Amain just got these instock-

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-Bind-N-Drive

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...k-Bind-N-Drive

Gonna go check one out in person later today.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pipe is in!

I have the Pipe!!!!! Ok so bottom end power is awesome mid is great and it picked up a little on the top. From standing start and I am 600 feet above sea level, running 100 octane low lead aviation fuel.... (because it doesnt stink like gas) It will do a 4wd burnout on pavement. It will also do 4wd drive doughnuts on pavement. It would not do either before. I would estimate that the zero to top speed is done in about half the time with the pipe on the truck. For installation purposes remove side pod mount up pipe then measure and cut pod. I was in a huge hurry so I could run it and post and call jetpro so I really did a hack job on my pod. I didnt remove it like I should have. I am ordering a new pod and will do it right that time. Gotta go more running to do!
Attached Thumbnails LOSI 5IVE-T 4WD OFFROAD RACING TRUCK-004.jpg   LOSI 5IVE-T 4WD OFFROAD RACING TRUCK-013.jpg   LOSI 5IVE-T 4WD OFFROAD RACING TRUCK-015.jpg  
Old 11-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default losi 5

Originally Posted by MambaPower87
kyleandtavion, have u tested out the losi 5 yet? If u did how's the drive between the hpi sc and what do u recommend would be better for bashing ?
Night and day. I have driven both and luckily I was able to drive hpi5sc prior to purchasing. My local hobbyshop had a demo truck. I didnt like it. I had a 5b and all the hpi's are exactly the same. My sons truck has been battled tested already as you can imagine he is 7. He hit a telephone pull at full speed and the truck survived 100 percent. It even stayed running lol. Plus if your going to bash and still want it to look like a truck at times the replaceable body panels are going to be the ticket. Hpi body cost nearly 200 and can be cracked and destroyed in one bashing. Last but not least 4wd bashing in my opinion is always more fun than 2wd.

Good luck I am sure there will be alot of 5sc's come up for sale used though I know my local hobby shop is putting a new body on theres and putting it up for sale.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default PAID FOR MINE TODAY

JUST PAID FOR MY 1/5 FIVE LOSI TODAY....I am new to the 1/5 scale truck but just had to have one after I saw it for the first time. My son and I race 1/8 scale truggies all over the south and run hard. We have a track in Nashville TN called the Hawk Pit which is large and fast and now we are going to run a 1/5 scale class.
I am reading your post and would like to ask 1st what is the reason for a remote kill switch, on 1/8 scales we have springs or rubber bands on the trottle returns in order to keep them from running away. Also, since I know nothing about 1/5 scales, Is it necessary to hop-up the engine and pipe.. I am use to running a 21' nitro engines.
Do you guys race your 1/5 scale?

I would also like to post our signup page for anyone who would like to race in TN..

Team Hawk

http://www.rcsignup.com/tracks/displayEvent.cfm?ID=2380
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyleandtavion
Night and day. I have driven both and luckily I was able to drive hpi5sc prior to purchasing. My local hobbyshop had a demo truck. I didnt like it. I had a 5b and all the hpi's are exactly the same. My sons truck has been battled tested already as you can imagine he is 7. He hit a telephone pull at full speed and the truck survived 100 percent. It even stayed running lol. Plus if your going to bash and still want it to look like a truck at times the replaceable body panels are going to be the ticket. Hpi body cost nearly 200 and can be cracked and destroyed in one bashing. Last but not least 4wd bashing in my opinion is always more fun than 2wd.

Good luck I am sure there will be alot of 5sc's come up for sale used though I know my local hobby shop is putting a new body on theres and putting it up for sale.
thanks for ur honest input...and didn't just bash me cuz of brands...I'm into bashing, not racing...so that was my issue...but from hearing all ur input...its really convicing me. Plus its gonna be my first gas truck. Ever. I'm a brushless guy..so...I'm excited. I was a little iffy about it cuz upgrades and rims options...but I guess during time...it should have some out. Sorry to say but for me...not having a Badass looking truck...I don't like it lol. And also how low it was...which would make some hard terrain rough on the truck...(thants me thinking)and how heavy it is...I was thinking it would be a factor cuz bashing something heavy...tends to bend or break parts. But if u said it ran into a pole...and nothing happen to it...than that gives me the answer. But this is not problem. It's the 4x4 and durablity issue...so now I'm planning to get it...thanks to u lol...
Old 11-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

great to see these in owners hands finally! even better to see some great reviews, cant wait to see some action vids
Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry throttle servo

got my truck last friday installed futaba radio throttle servo burned up got ssecond servo in mail yesterday and it makes funny noises and gets hot So i switched battery, reciever radio servo does same thing any ideas its been almost a week and still haven't driven this thing this sucks
Old 12-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

For those who do 1/5 scale racing, how does this compare to a MCD RaceRunner V4 Competition Quality and handling wise?

The initial reports I am seeing do look pretty good other than the usual prebuilt annoyances.

Originally Posted by j dog
got my truck last friday installed futaba radio throttle servo burned up got ssecond servo in mail yesterday and it makes funny noises and gets hot So i switched battery, reciever radio servo does same thing any ideas its been almost a week and still haven't driven this thing this sucks
Have you tried the servo outside of the vehicle hooked up with a simple receiver pack and tested it?

Have you tested it in another port on the receiver other than the throttle one to see if it responds as you would expect?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The throttle servo is one of the better hitec servos but it is analog, so in the futaba system, you have to have some way to turn down the frame rate as those dont like high frame rates. Its an option in the spektrum radios and the radio must be operated at 16.5ms.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What servo you putting in it?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

where do u hook up the killer bee wire? only thing left is the bind port.

Last edited by auto2; 12-01-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Legend

whats in your aux port? haven't seen one up close and based on the pic on losi's site here:

Does look like something is there?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

idk?something for the telemetry? yea it looks like that. need to hook up transponder too
Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Legend

interesting. Looking at the manual here:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPMS...structions.pdf

I am not sure what would be there telemetry wise unless I am missing it?

Is there anything in your bind port? If not, that must mean the battery is plugged into aux?

Give Horizon a call to confirm, but I believe you can plug your battery in the bind port, just not in any of the telemetry ports. That will free up your aux port.

It may be that since if you need to bind you will have to plug the receiver into the aux port then the bind plug into the bind port is why they have it setup that way from the factory?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by auto2
idk?something for the telemetry? yea it looks like that. need to hook up transponder too
As the truck comes, the only open port is the LAP port. Then once you bind the truck, the bind plug comes out, so the BIND port would also be open. Yes, the switch harness is plugged into the AUX port. You can plug a transponder into the BIND port but not the LAP port

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.