Search
Like Tree18Likes

LOSI 5IVE-T 4WD OFFROAD RACING TRUCK

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
So all and all the best 1/5 on the market so far! And it not even in my hands yet?
so far nothin...haha...it is the best and will be the best...
Old 09-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now if Horizon and Tower could ever work things out so I could get one on easy pay...and if Losi could ever get me a tuning guide for my 22, I'd be happy!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by arizona82
Now if Horizon and Tower could ever work things out so I could get one on easy pay...and if Losi could ever get me a tuning guide for my 22, I'd be happy!
Good luck ont he horizon and tower thing. Tower is a Great Planes distributor and Horizon is a distributor as well. As for the tuning guide...we have a lot of that info in the back of other manuals...now that we have to include 4-5 languages and the manuals are getting into the 60-90 page range, the tuning guide will likely be an online experience.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ryan, can you bring one of these bad boys out to OCRC some weekend, just so some of us can look at them and check them out, maybe do a few runs up and down the parking lot so we can see them in action? I know it's not the same experience as seeing them on a track but would be cool to see them up close and personal. Who knows maybe after hours, RB & Nick will allow it on the track, they've done things like that in the past, actually about a month ago, someone brought out a Baja and he let them try it out on the track just to see it This thing looks pretty awesome though, can't wait to see one in person!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaket
Here's one that's hoping it's metric...
Jake are you gettin one ??
Old 09-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Ryan, can you bring one of these bad boys out to OCRC some weekend, just so some of us can look at them and check them out, maybe do a few runs up and down the parking lot so we can see them in action? I know it's not the same experience as seeing them on a track but would be cool to see them up close and personal. Who knows maybe after hours, RB & Nick will allow it on the track, they've done things like that in the past, actually about a month ago, someone brought out a Baja and he let them try it out on the track just to see it This thing looks pretty awesome though, can't wait to see one in person!
I would if the PM was in the office to ask...maybe next weekend I can. Not tonight though, the only extra one I know of is going on display at the moto cross race tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
Jake are you gettin one ??

Dude, I would so totally get into this thing if the FF 1/5 track gets going. maybe not right away, but I'd start selling my unnecessary sh*t 'round here...
Old 09-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaket
Dude, I would so totally get into this thing if the FF 1/5 track gets going. maybe not right away, but I'd start selling my unnecessary sh*t 'round here...
Cool , I got a couple races coming up plus bday's, Christmas, and tags for my truck so I'm going.to get it ASAP .
Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

competition is alive. finially. i do like it, and im no knocking Losi, except to make the note, at 1600, they should of put the Zenoah motor in it. CYs are notorious for hit and miss cylinder plating. the crank bearings only last a short time, and fail fast under large bore upgrades.

ill ASS U Me this is the newer F270 four bolt, which sells for 220.00. basically the same cost as the Zenoah 26cc motor, and the Zen is a far better built motor, and carries a far better motor life span.

anyone thats a first timer into LS (large scale) considering a gasser, Should buy and install a Remote Kill Switch. so atleast if you DO have interferance, or anything else goes funky, say a dead rx pack, or servo failure, you can Kill the Motor. If the motor can not run, you can not have a run away. in past experience, i have had, seen first hand, and read countless threads involving gasoline motors and the Spectrum DSM radio. mine glitched horrifically. tried 2 different radio systems to no avail. didnt matter where i ran it, i had issues. though the Spektrum worked flawlessly on any nitro or leccy rc, but on my gassers, it was just plain scarry to use.

know quite a few folks that had run a ways with their gasoline powered rc when using the spectrums. and im not knocking Spectrum or Horizon, im just stating a fact as noted by many in the LS Gas market. thats not to say a fair portion of people have no issues at all, and a large portion dont. its not the fact its using Gasoline that is the quirk, more specifically, its not the gas, but rather, the coil pack and spark plug that is likely the cause of the interferance. I have to say for saftys sake, if you run a LS Gasser, you simply should install a remote kill switch, regardless of radio used.
you can not have a run away, if the motor is not running.

a remote kill switch can give you the piece of mind knowing your 30 lb rc car, ripping along at 40 mph, will shut down, instead of take off with a will of its own, and go all willy-nilly, for pretty much any reason, low rx battery, loss of signal/signal interferance, or you can shut it off from the radio aux chnl. infact, to date other than one servo failure (locked up) the only reason i use my remote kill swith is for tuning. Oh and anytime i need to shut the motor off.

but honestly, especially if you run the DSM. many of the forums are full of threads outlineing the quirks

think of it, 30 plus lbs, 40 plus mph and hit something. hopefully not a person, and especially not a child, it could be fatal.

I do like it. looks quite nice. 5mm chassis is thick, but i wonder how it would hold up to some hard core bashing, as they seem to mention in the horizon video i seen as well.

i think i ll wait for the builders kit. that way i can stuff a TS Reed case into it. by then Turtle will have a shizload of quality, and performance built upgrades. Cant wait to see what Team Phatdad comes up with, as well.

Sounds (not sure, as they didnt really elude to it in the vid) that they are using the baja wheel style as an "industry standard" when the Losi guy mentioned the wheels, the BLs, and the ability to use tires already on the market on their rims/foams. atleast thats what i took from the vid.

may have to try to squeeze one out if they dont drop the build kit soon enough. i do like it, just wish for 1600, it was Zen equipped, and sold as a ARTR with out any spectrum radio gear.

DDM, www.davesmotors.com will be carrying the new 5iveT as well as their current line of HPI and FG parts and upgrades.

LargeScaleRC.com is also going to carry it.

cant wait to see one in person. Losi needs to ship one to Dave over at Turtle Racing, so he can get to designing and making hop ups for it.

Last edited by Timmahh; 09-10-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'll have to agree with you on the speky junk/glitchy system...but I alway recomend a Killer r/c kill switch with any 5th scale ...
TGN has them also and is out running it a Hostile Baja Fest this weekend...
http://www.tgndistributing.com/
Fest Pics and Videos here
http://www.rclargescale.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6291

Does look like it is going to be a great truck and a new mark to hit for the industry to catch up too.
This is shaping up tobe the slash effect in 5th scale...cuz we all know what that slash did for r/c racing...
Old 09-10-2011, 05:32 AM
cnj
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I believe the typical street price on the HPI 5SC is $1399, isn't it? I frequently see 5SC's going for $1249 - $1299 on sale. I would expect the same for the 5ive-T once the hoopla settles down in a few months. So with a street price of $1599 (for better parts, 4WD, etc) it will really only be about $200 more than a 5SC. Not that bad if you ask me.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

In my fantasy world mind of mine, I am not totally giving up hope. HPI must come out with a Baja 4x4 before or after Christmas. Otherwise, I will be moving over to ((gasp..)) Losi. The Losi truck does look good! I hope they support it.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
In my fantasy world mind of mine, I am not totally giving up hope. HPI must come out with a Baja 4x4 before or after Christmas. Otherwise, I will be moving over to ((gasp..)) Losi. The Losi truck does look good! I hope they support it.
Even if HPI did release a truck, you still have to consider which would be better given the track record... just food for thought. The Losi truck is awesome and brings a huge smile to anyones face.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Even if HPI did release a truck, you still have to consider which would be better given the track record... just food for thought. The Losi truck is awesome and brings a huge smile to anyones face.
I do like the looks of this truck, I was a previous owner of a few 1/5th scale trucks but sold em since there was no organized racing for them here currently. You mention the track record and I'm in no way trying to beat a dead horse, but how will quality control be handled with this truck versus the scte? It to was thoroughly tested, but then apparently the manufacturer changed materials during production creating issues. Will the same factory be producing these and if so is there anything in place to ensure there isn't a repeat, because after all $1599 isn't a drop in the bucket, at least not for me
Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
I do like the looks of this truck, I was a previous owner of a few 1/5th scale trucks but sold em since there was no organized racing for them here currently. You mention the track record and I'm in no way trying to beat a dead horse, but how will quality control be handled with this truck versus the scte? It to was thoroughly tested, but then apparently the manufacturer changed materials during production creating issues. Will the same factory be producing these and if so is there anything in place to ensure there isn't a repeat, because after all $1599 isn't a drop in the bucket, at least not for me
Well, you are beating the ol horse a little, haha. We certainly did our best to remedy the situation and will always do this. We are doing everything we can with the 5ive T...we sent 2 engineers oversees for a month while they built the first batch to watch over things. We are then spot checking them on this end to a higher degree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.