Old 10-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

25:1 withh 93 octane here....
Old 10-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 338lapua09
As for running a 5th scale vette you will love the long run times and the size of what ever chassis you decide on ...going around will put a smile on your face and most all others around you ......good times....and welcome to the addiction....lol
+1. It is very nice to be able to not be rushed when running gas. So much different than nitro, because you don't have to run it in circles to keep it cool. You don't have to run it wide open to keep it cleaned out either. I've had plenty of strangers stop me while I'm running my 5t, and I just let it sit and idle while I'm talking with them. If they have kids that want to run it, I just dial back the radio to slow the truck down and hand them the radio.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reno911
I sure hope your the type that grows your own food, built your own house, and lives without ever going to a Walmart, Target, or other national retailer. Otherwise I highly doubt you have never purchased something which it's founding idea was not stolen from something or someone. Heck even eating a burger at McDonalds the supposed most AMERICAN food chain in the world serves you beef that most likely came from a Cow grown and raised in an Asian country.

I do not see how this is acceptable for everything else in the world, but everytime someone brings this discussion to the realm of our Hobby it is all of a suden unacceptable to buy something that may have been made from someone elses design.

Basically it goes like this. HPI designed their Baja 5b in AMERICA. Then they decided that it was TOO expensive to make here and that they would make more money per unit if they send their design to another country to make this design. STRIKE ONE. Than they send their AMERICAN money that we give them for their products to another country to manufactuer and produce there designs. STRIKE TWO. Than because of their marketing and overhead they are forced to have to sell the product for a price over the 1000 dollar marker. Not a strike out for some but for myself that is a STRIKE 3.

If any of you are inside the industry and can show that in fact HPI/Traxxas/ETC do in fact, mold, assemble, and produce their products inside the confines of the United States than please call me out. Otherwise please do not lecture those that chose to by something from China or any other countries when the so called AMERICAN companies ship most of their supposed work over to these countries in the first place.

PLease continue to bash on myself and others that bought a clone!
Just wondering why you dont understand the difference? Copying someones idea is not the same as an exact duplicate. Since Traxxas came out with the slash first, I guess HPI copied it with the Blitz. But does the blitz have interchangeable parts? Did HPI call it a Slash, or make it identical, down to the lettering? Did HPI not use any advertising and instead rely on Traxxas to sell their products?

There is a big difference between copying an idea and basing a product on anothers, as opposed to making an exact duplicate.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by badaml
Just wondering why you dont understand the difference? Copying someones idea is not the same as an exact duplicate. Since Traxxas came out with the slash first, I guess HPI copied it with the Blitz. But does the blitz have interchangeable parts? Did HPI call it a Slash, or make it identical, down to the lettering? Did HPI not use any advertising and instead rely on Traxxas to sell their products?

There is a big difference between copying an idea and basing a product on anothers, as opposed to making an exact duplicate.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by reno911
History lesson:

Some dude back in the late 1600's made the 1st combustion engine. Since than everyone has copied him.

Even this dude copied the dude that made the 1st steam powered motor.

Back to the original topic at hand.

I noticed two main differences on the clone vs hpi. The front hub design is different, and the rear hubs are the older style multi piece units, which I think hpi has since replaced with one piece right? Other than that I really could not tell the difference in plastics. They bent and felt the same in my hands.

Also I get my servo here soon and I was curious to what gas/oil ration you all may recomend for the 1st couple of tanks. Some reason I keep finding 1 to 25 but that seems like a lot of oil! I was thinking 1 to 50 like what I would run in the banshee.
Thanks for the lesson! I did not realize that the ALL engines today are all identical and are exactly the same as the first internal combustion engine. That's great news! No reason to buy a Honda vs Chevy, since they all have the same engine

Maybe you could give us some more history lessons? Maybe you could explain what advances/improvements the clones have made for the hobby, as opposed to making a duplicate?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Beat that dead horse.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by vette66_00
Beat that dead horse.

Well aren"t you clever Why do people like you even bother to post? If you don't want to read it, go to another thread.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why cant people like you leave it alone.

What I said is 100% true with the dead horse. Every time this thread dies down you come stoke the fire with some rat-a-tat-tat stuff about why somebody doesn't understand or get it.

Yah know if they are not intellectually smart enough to get YOUR point well you will not be about to LEARN them on the internet. Been doing forum's since you'd had to hook up a 300 baud modem to the computer and dial direct. Believe me you will not learn somebody your way of thinking through repetitive speak.

Point noted Check, noted again check, noted again check, got it check, dont care check.

Came in here to learn about 5th scale and cant really learn cause the BS is in every thread. Really you guys with all the bitching about clones have probably done more damage the the sport than the clones. Why would I spend that kinda money it associate with people like you. This is worse than my Corvette only club I belong to, at least they understand if you have to use non oem parts because of prices and availability.
(stock 65 Covette knock off $5000 , reproduction (not oem) $500)

5th scale is for the birds. I imagine this area of RCTECH and all the clone complaints has just cost HPI $5000 from me with HPI parts and a couple trucks. Heck I got friends too so lets say $20k. So add that up and I am only one person that spoke up. Think about all the others that look and say bah not this crap.

Not for me for sure other things to waste money on. Heck I dont have mommy and daddys money, I make my own, I pushed $20k through my ebay/Paypal account last year on RC related Items. Got 9 Crawlers, 15 Planes, 4 boats, and 16 1/10th scale cars and trucks. I am not oppsed to drop some serious coin on the hobby

Last edited by vette66_00; 10-08-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Suspended

What I said is 100% true with the dead horse. Every time this thread dies down you come stoke the fire with some rat-a-tat-tat stuff about why somebody doesn't understand or get it.

Yah know if they are not intellectually smart enough to get YOUR point well you will not be about to LEARN them on the internet. Been doing forum's since you'd had to hook up a 300 baud modem to the computer and dial direct. Believe me you will not learn somebody your way of thinking through repetitive speak.

Point noted Check, noted again check, noted again check, got it check, dont care check.

Came in here to learn about 5th scale and cant really learn cause the BS is in every thread. Really you guys with all the bitching about clones have probably done more damage the the sport than the clones. Why would I spend that kinda money it associate with people like you. This is worse than my Corvette only club I belong to, at least they understand if you have to use non oem parts because of prices.

5th scale is for the birds. I imagine this area of RCTECH and all the clone complaints has just cost HPI $5000 from me with HPI parts and a couple trucks. Heck I got friends too so lets say $20k. So add that up and I am only one person that spoke up. Think about all the others that look and say bah not this crap.
Lmao, so you came to a thread titled HPI vs Clone looking for help? I do agree with you, some people just don't get it and never will. Yep, it has cost HPI a lot of money, because you were going to buy one lol. You are a funny guy.

People that are into 1/5 scale and stay in 5th scale know it costs money. They are not the ones coming onto a thread wanting others to praise their decision to support a company that is doing nothing for the hobby, and offers no support to the people that support them.

You want to learn about 1.5 scale? Join a forum that deals with 5th scale and supports the hobby. Why not join the KM forums? Oh, they don't have one lol. People like me are bad for the hobby? People like you piss and moan about not getting help or support, but do nothing for the hobby except support companies that give nothing back.

Join HPIBajaForums and ask for help after you have bought a legit product. You will get all the help you need, and will see that the people there are very caring, and go the extra distance to help others. Want proof? A guy on the forum got ripped off on a deal. The site owner, along with other members, decided to raise the money to help the guy out. The owner of OBR gave all parts at cost, and donated his time to build a full mod engine. I have yet to hear of that on any other rc site. That is what 1/5 scale guys are about.

BTW, there is a losi 5ive t forum also. Same great bunch of guys.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

I used to work at Sears, back in the mid 90's... They had a saying of "if you please a customer, they are likely to tell 2-3 other people about their positive experience. But if you tick a customer off, they are more likely to tell 10-12 other people." (poor quote, but that's the jist of it.)

There are plenty of people here who support clones. I'm middle of the road. Some just don't. It's everyone's choice. You'll find some who knock KM & Rovan, then outfit their HPI with Integy parts, which I'm guilty of this as well. The best anyone can do, is to research what parts actually make clones, or genuine HPI's better, regardless of choice.

RC is not a necessity in life. Lots of assholes come in and start this debate, fuel the debate, make the biggest ordeal out of all the whole situation, then disappear the baja scene when their Rovan, KM, or HPI takes a shit and needs constant upgrades.

The best anyone can hope for, is to be able to load up their baja, clone, whatever, drive 20 miles to that cool bash spot, and hope their rig lasts more than a couple of tanks without breaking something.

That said, it's race season. I'm heading out to work on my Baja. Cheers!

Came in here to learn about 5th scale and cant really learn cause the BS is in every thread. Really you guys with all the bitching about clones have probably done more damage the the sport than the clones. Why would I spend that kinda money it associate with people like you. This is worse than my Corvette only club I belong to, at least they understand if you have to use non oem parts because of prices and availability.
(stock 65 Covette knock off $5000 , reproduction (not oem) $500)

Not for me for sure other things to waste money on.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by aaron2u
I used to work at Sears, back in the mid 90's... They had a saying of "if you please a customer, they are likely to tell 2-3 other people about their positive experience. But if you tick a customer off, they are more likely to tell 10-12 other people." (poor quote, but that's the jist of it.)

There are plenty of people here who support clones. I'm middle of the road. Some just don't. It's everyone's choice. You'll find some who knock KM & Rovan, then outfit their HPI with Integy parts, which I'm guilty of this as well. The best anyone can do, is to research what parts actually make clones, or genuine HPI's better, regardless of choice.

RC is not a necessity in life. Lots of assholes come in and start this debate, fuel the debate, make the biggest ordeal out of all the whole situation, then disappear the baja scene when their Rovan, KM, or HPI takes a shit and needs constant upgrades.

The best anyone can hope for, is to be able to load up their baja, clone, whatever, drive 20 miles to that cool bash spot, and hope their rig lasts more than a couple of tanks without breaking something.

That said, it's race season. I'm heading out to work on my Baja. Cheers!
Agreed. New 1/5 scale track coming out here (central tx). Pretty sure clones are welcome. So, bring your clone, HPI, MCD, Losi, whatever, and enjoy the baddest class in rc!

Plenty of guys that will help you with setup, tuning, etc., regardless of what you have.

I am running clone tires right now lmao.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by badaml
Lmao, so you came to a thread titled HPI vs Clone looking for help? I do agree with you, some people just don't get it and never will. Yep, it has cost HPI a lot of money, because you were going to buy one lol. You are a funny guy.

People that are into 1/5 scale and stay in 5th scale know it costs money. They are not the ones coming onto a thread wanting others to praise their decision to support a company that is doing nothing for the hobby, and offers no support to the people that support them.

You want to learn about 1.5 scale? Join a forum that deals with 5th scale and supports the hobby. Why not join the KM forums? Oh, they don't have one lol. People like me are bad for the hobby? People like you piss and moan about not getting help or support, but do nothing for the hobby except support companies that give nothing back.

Join HPIBajaForums and ask for help after you have bought a legit product. You will get all the help you need, and will see that the people there are very caring, and go the extra distance to help others. Want proof? A guy on the forum got ripped off on a deal. The site owner, along with other members, decided to raise the money to help the guy out. The owner of OBR gave all parts at cost, and donated his time to build a full mod engine. I have yet to hear of that on any other rc site. That is what 1/5 scale guys are about.

BTW, there is a losi 5ive t forum also. Same great bunch of guys.
I agree...the largescale guys are way more helpful....I had a group of guys build me a motor at Power Jam because the 5B I thought was a HPI turned out to be a clone.
Clones are bad for the hobby...plain and simple. If you cant afford a HPI in the first place,good luck maintaining a clone....
If KM and Rovan made a attempt to build a car that is NOT almost exact duplicate and give something back to the baja community less baja guys would feel so strongly.....
Old 10-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 92 vert
If KM and Rovan made a attempt to build a car that is NOT almost exact duplicate and give something back to the baja community less baja guys would feel so strongly.....
10-4
Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Vette66 ..lol ...you do have a point about these keyboard warriors.lol
I can tell you that 5th scale community as a whole are some of the best people...not taking anything away from other groups just less drama than the others....... except for this little issue.......I dont have a dime in it myself ...I buy what ever ..but have found that support is worth more than price in the long run.....customer service goes a long way with me.....

5th scale is not for everyone .......cost is a driving factor in most of the bad feelings.... Like compairing a 30lbs rc to a 9lbs full race rc some just dont make that connection.....but the fun factor will trump all when you can do it bigger and longer.......lol hey that what she says.....

As for forums once you decide on a type of 5th scale you want ,there are plenty of forums with alot of info and help when needed.....if you can not find it here...
Old 10-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Suspended

Agreed with lots of posts above. 1/5 scale is a different realm altogether, and people are passionate about them. Nobody is bagging on anyone because you are not running an HPI, if you took it that way, I do apologize. 1/5 is expensive, and I got mine used, otherwise, I would not have one at all. I have a wife and daughter to support, and can't afford to spend or justify that kind of purchase.

There are other manufacturers of 1/5 rc's, and the new Losi will hopefully have a big impact on the market. As others have stated, it is the fact that a clone is, well, a clone. Make it different, enough so it is not an exact copy, and most will not have a problem with them.

The new MCD rc's look pretty good, and from what I hear, are doing very well on the track. Nutech is another, so is Redcat (yeah, Redcat lol. Their smaller scales were bad, but I hear the 1/5 hold up well).

Everyone wants to save money, especially today, but there is a way to do it without supporting companies that give nothing back and steal other peoples design and advertising.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.