Wiki Posts
Search

1/18 slider set up help

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default 1/18 slider set up help

Bought a 1/18 slider to on an oval RCP foam trank 58x36. I have the mini dual disk slipper mod running stock class what gears to start with and what pinions fit stock is plastic.Oval RCP Foam TrackOval RCP Foam Track OOval RCP Foam TrackOval RCP Foam Track val RCP Foam Track
Old 07-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Losi makes metal pinions as well as Robinson. You will need to dremel off the ridges on the motor shaft that help hold the plastic ones on. The dual slipper limits you to just the 60 tooth spur. I took mine back off so I could run a 54 (white spur gear set). Our track is 90 run line but is 15 degree banking all the way around so you are running top speed most of the time. I ran a 18 pinion with 54 spur and using a mini 2 cell Lipo. Our track is very hard on the stock motors so most of us switched to Mamba 4200 mini brushless. Not any faster but the motors didn't overheat and break down like the stocks. I also put the gold (very stiff) Associated VCS shock spring on the right front of my mini Slider. Ran the bottom of the shocks on the left (drivers side) of car in the inner lower holes, and the right side in the outer lower holes.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

well I thought they offerd other spurs for the slipper but after reading this looked closer your right thats kind of crappy on losi. Our track is all flat and only run stock motor and 1100 mah pack nimh. Is 60 stock spur correct might try that I guess. It also came with k factory shock sets for the f and r so different srpings to try for me.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

can I use this with the stock oem spurs (non dd slipper)

http://cgi.ebay.com/RACERS-EDGE-K171...item3f0936f25d