New oval chassis!

Old 11-05-2001, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default new oval chassis

Thanks for the kind words Don. I had a great time this past weekend. It was a great battle for the 19t championship. Congradulation to team KGB for a great showing. Cant wait to drive more asphalt with this car.

Let Josh know I will send his motors tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:59 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

gezer2u, thanks a ton! I gotta let'em know what chassis is under the body. No one around here has ever laid eyes on an Assasin, much less run one

Scott Meeks
BSR
Hyperdrive
Space Coast Hobbies
Old 11-06-2001, 07:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Got my car about 50% together. All I can say is what a nice kit. I do have one problem though that one of you may be able to help me with. When I install the t-plate and tighten down the two screws the plate seems to get bound up. If I loosen either bolt just slightly it frees up. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be the pivot ball, sockets, or the t-plate?
Old 11-07-2001, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jimmy- It could be the t-plate, we use associated t-plates. It sounds like the mounting holes for the sockets are not centered to the chassis. Who's t-plate are you using? If you have another t-plate try it. We haven't heard this before. If you use brass pivot balls, the center post is to tall. Please keep us posted on this.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

I am using an Associated plate. I have some other new ones that I will try. Just got home from work and plan on working on the car tonight. I will let you know what I find out.

Also to run the monoball rear end setup, what type of ballends and what length turnbuckle do you use for the side link?
Old 11-07-2001, 06:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Don, I got it figured out. Heres what I did. I tried 2 more new t-plates all with the same result. I even tried turning the pivot sockets 90 deg. still the same thing. Then I got out my calipers and took the t-plate off of my L3O. I measured center to center on the t-plate mounting holes and compared it with my assasin. The holes in my assasin were about .010-.012 inch closer together. this isn't much, but it was enough that when I tightened the screws it pushed the pivot balls together and bound up the plate. I could put the rear mounting bolt in and look through the other hole and it was off just a bit. I ended up reaming the mounting holes in the pivot balls slightly to let them move on the bolts slightly and now everything floats like it should.I hope to get the rest of the radio gear in it tommorrow night and get a body mounted up and it will be ready for it's maiden run saturday.
Old 11-09-2001, 03:44 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Guys, thanks for the decals! It's greatly appreciated. The car is done and has been topped off with an XXL and a Zero V Extreme.
Can't wait to get it on the track.
Old 11-09-2001, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cool! You are welcome. Let us know how it works.