New oval chassis!

Old 09-17-2001, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WAY COOL!
Old 09-27-2001, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Geezer, can you send me some pics of the car compete w/ tires and everything, maybe even w/ electronics installed?? Ive got a freind who is interested in it. Heres my email addy:

[email protected]
Old 10-01-2001, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

ovalnator- Did you get the pic's I sent? LMK
Thanks
Old 10-01-2001, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

no I didnt, and thats because I gave you the wrong email. Try this:

[email protected]
Old 10-09-2001, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

hey gezer, can you send the pics to me also? email in sig.
Old 10-10-2001, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

On their way! Thanks for the interest!
Old 10-10-2001, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

I got them thanks..you also have some email back
Old 10-26-2001, 09:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I plan on getting an Assasin4 very soon. It has all the features I want in one car. Also I have emailed KGB (Josh) many times to ask questions and he is always happy to help me out. I'll post my thoughts on the kit after I get my car.So far it seems the best deal going.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Jimmy,

We just got back from the Westcoast Shootout at Showtime in Bakersfield. KGB had a very good showing! In 19t it was Larry Ruby, David Souza and Ricky Gray. 2nd, 3rd and 4th. In Expert Stock, KGB finished 2nd through 5th. Eric Brust, Josh Smith, Brandon Smith, Don Smith. That's alot of Smith's lol Sportsman Mod saw Eric Brust set TQ and take the win. Eric is the latest KGB agent and we spent Fri. night building his car until well past 2:00 in the morning. And with the help of Bodak racing, Eric was SUPER fast all weekend. Ricky Gray ran Factory Mod for the first time and was looking really good all weekend. He finished 6th. Not bad for you’re first time in Mod!
All in all, it was a blast. Don Risner and his crew put on one of the best shows around. KGB wants to express their thanks for the support of Don and the racers at Showtime. We couldn't name them all, the list would be too long. If you are out this way, make sure that you take the time to race at any of his racetracks!
And a very special thanks to the KGB racers! Because of you KGB is a force to be reckoned with!

Thanks for your kind words and we will be looking forward to you joining the KGB NATION!
Old 10-29-2001, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

gezer2u: That's great to hear all the sucess everyone is having with the car. I race mostly carpet and some small asphalt ovals and am really anxious to try the monoball setup.

A while back I had expressed interest in the shock mount that is on Josh's car. He said if enough people were interested he may offer it. Has a decision been made on that yet?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-29-2001, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not sure if Josh has made that decision yet. Keep watching the website. When he decides, I'll make sure he emails you. We are going to a flat asphalt track this weekend. The last time we ran on an asphalt track I finished second and my friend, driving Josh's car, TQ'd and won. We were racing stock. David Souza was running 19t and qualified 2nd and had the main won going away until he suddenly had radio problems. Seemed like someone was turning their radio on and off. Jake Rosen, the owner of Jakes Performance Hobbies, www.jphracing.com, runs an Assassin and won in stock at NCRC. Again asphalt track. My point is that the cars run well on foams and asphalt. We don't run on carpet, but the feed back we have gotten from the guys that do say it is working well. The one thing we have been hearing from everyone is "it has alot of corner speed!” We sold two cars this weekend because our drivers had so much corner speed that they could rocket past the other guys coming out of the corners. We should have pics very soon. So check them out.

The 6cell trays are here and ready to ship. If you run 6 cells now you too can have a Assassin and be part of the KGB NATION.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, Josh keeps me up to date and I also check the website regularly.

Corner speed is what I'm looking for. The carpet oval I race is pretty small and you really nedd to roll through the corners well to be fast.

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-03-2001, 06:41 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just picked my a KGB off e-bay believe it or not. Josh has also already sent me a 6 cell tray that I ordered as well (very quick service). This chassis has been built with some of the best quality that I seen. I've been eyeing this chassis for quite some time. I've even decided to park my chassis, despite getting sponsorship from my current chassis manufacturer. Can't wait to get it on the track! I'll also be taking it to the Snowbirds race, so I'll be able to provide some carpet feedback.

I am looking for some Assassin decals though...unfortunately none showed up with my tray Josh....lol!
Old 11-04-2001, 04:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Just got my car yesterday. I will start working on it today. The fit and finish on the parts is very nice. I plan on racing mine on a small, flat ozite oval this coming weekend.

well,gotta go, time to get out the file and sandpaper.
Old 11-04-2001, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Asm- Sorry we didn't get the stickers in the box! We will get them out tomorrow.

We got back from the last race of the NORRCA Southwest Tour. In 19t, Larry Ruby was at the heals of Nick Case. Larry had to TQ and place 3 spots higher than Nick. This was the first time at this track for the Assassin. So, Larry had his work cut out for him. Going into the 3rd round, Larry was driving like a man possessed! When the tone sounded Larry had TQ and was sitting on the pole for the main with Ricky Gray behind him with the second spot. In the main, the horn blew and Ricky took the lead with Larry in tow. After a few laps a car spun coming out of turn 4, Ricky skated by but Larry didn't and was caught against a pipe and had to wait to be marshaled. After some great driving he just ran out of time. He had to settle for 2nd in the series. Ricky Gray drove a masterful race and took the win, sealing a 3rd place finish in the series. It was heartbreaking but Larry took it like the champion he is.
In Sportsman Mod, Eric Brust set TQ and went on to win the main.
Expert Stock saw myself and Eric battle for TQ in the 3rd round. Eric was closing fast. In turn 4 I bumped a dot and Eric took the lead on the last lap giving him TQ. I guess if you are going to loose TQ, it is better to loose it to an Assassin. In the main Eric and Ed Turney took off with me in 3rd. Eric and Ed touched while battling for the lead sending me to the front. With Ed's help, telling me to drive my line and take it easy, I managed to finish first. Eric got 2nd and Ed 3rd. It is nice when you competitors help you win when at any time they are capable of winning.
To sum it up. Team KGB set TQ and won in Sportsman Mod, 19t and expert stock. KGB also finished 2nd in Expert Stock. We picked up another driver from Bakersfield, Jason Hastings. Welcome to the KGB NATION.
A special thanks to Ruby Motors. Even with the championship on the line, Larry made sure that Team KGB had ponies. Thanks Larry! If you are looking for some power, go to the KGB website and email Larry. Top notch stuff and a great guy.
All in all it was a blast! Now it off to Fairfield next weekend to race with the Rocks club. Great place to race and a fantastic club.

Don
www.KGBracing.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.