Wiki Posts
Search

Edm

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

B3 Terminator

Could anybody post were I can find a B3 Terminator?
Old 07-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Dirt?

Does anyone run dirt oval in so cal anymore? I would like to get a sprint car But I Dont know of any where to Race with out driving 1000 miles.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

R.C.R.

I think the only track that is near the socal area would be in Camarillo, www.venturaroadrunners.com. Its a very nice large clay oval and they get good turnouts for gas truck, gas sprint and I think now they are running 19t truck as well. There is also some club in the San Diego area that is building a large clay tri oval.

Blake
Old 07-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally posted by yodace
B3 Terminator

Could anybody post were I can find a B3 Terminator?
I can help you out, email me at [email protected]
Old 07-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks That is a long drive for me. but its prob. worth it though thanks again.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you looking for a new Terminator or a used one? I see them all the time on dirtoval.com. I just aquired a used one and setting it up for some clay oval here. The only other edm I have is a new Losi buggy...btw, you wanted pics? This is before decals.
Attached Thumbnails Edm-hpim1676.jpg  
Old 07-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default EDM/Late model

I have 2 cars I use, 1 is a Kransels terminator and the other is a B-4 with a EDM body on it.
I run the Term on smoth surfaces and the B-4 when there a lil bummpy. It nice to do it this way. Cause I take the edm off of the B-4 and I can go back to Off-road.
Custom works is comming out with a new version. Its moking from what has been posted about it. But www.dirtoval.com is a wonderful soruce for DO needs. And the Track in San Deigo is HUGE... Man I wish I was close....It would be sweet to see a Dominator run there with a 6x1 in it.....
Old 07-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default $$$$$

I realy enjoyed dirt oval but have you seen the prices of Custom Works Cars? Damn their real Exspensive$$$$$$$$ does anyone know of another Oval Car out there? Thanks Again
Old 07-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: $$$$$

Originally posted by R.C.R.
I realy enjoyed dirt oval but have you seen the prices of Custom Works Cars? Damn their real Exspensive$$$$$$$$ does anyone know of another Oval Car out there? Thanks Again
The Kransel Terminator is a great car compared to the custom works gearbox car. All you need is a B3 and a terminator kit and I think that is about it...Help me out, Mike, b/c I bought mine used...
Old 07-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

It depends, Mine is based on the origanal Stealth-2.25 gearbox. I can also run the org 6 gear. I think dave at Krans made a version for all of the ASC cars, not sure. The price on the custom works cars are not that bad. You are seeing the Sug retail on there site. You can get them a lot cheaper at Hobby shops. I think I seen a enforcer-10 for $250 new. But with that car you need a b-2.All of the new custom works cars are based on the B-3. As far as a good 2wh DO car I will say its either a Custom Works or a Terminator. They are both easy to work on and set-up. I have ran against both. I know both can be converted to run gas as well. So they are versital. It just depends on if you have a B-2 or B-3 around. If you do then the Kransels is a good way to go. Thye can run on both smooth and bumpy tracks.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Thanks for the info I have a B-4 will that Work?
Old 07-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

My current EDM is a B-4. No Mods to it. I use the rear shock tower to hold the rear of the body on. And a piece of velcro on the nose. I think the Mccallister body will work. Not sure of the Custom works. My body is a CDK I got at Walts Hobbies In SYR. NY
I did this cause I use the B-4 for Off-road. I didnt want to put a lot in it. I have a Terminator that I use for OVAL only.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Regional Moderator

my current edm is a losi kinwald with custom made front and rear mounts. It has a cdkm body. I'll soon get my kransel running but working on a losi xxxnt late model like a friend has. He has been helping me get it all together and do it right. I posted pics of it on dirtoval.com and here is one of those pics. He makes the bodies himself. Sorry if the picture is too big.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Initiate

B3 or B4's will work nicely if setup right otherwise most guys run like a hugger chassis or a bellyacher