Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
1/8 parking lot tires...? >

1/8 parking lot tires...?

1/8 parking lot tires...?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 1/8 parking lot tires...?

hey all....need some new tires for my gtp2 for lot running ,I been looking at the ofna foams I found some hard compound ones. are they going to work like drifting tires or will they grip some mostly we run a long oval so I want them to bite some when powering out of the corners,yet still have some wear time.the stockers worked well but just wore out fast on right side so do I go hard or med ....???...very good deal on the hard compound..!!!!.any help ..!??
Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Foam tires will grip well, but the asphalt has to be clean and sticky to get everything out of them. They will also have to be trued, and your car setup will have to change as the tires wear down. I don't know how much 1/8 scale foam tires cost, but if they're anything like the 1/10 scale tires, you'll be turing them at the end of the day. It's the trade off of having consistent grip.

And running Oval will change your tire setup. The right front tire is going to wear down a lot quicker than your left side tires. Having a slightly harder compound at the front right tire will even out the wear. I don't know if this will help, but I run pinks all around, and purple on the right front. I only race 1/10 oval, so I'm not sure how much of this can to translated into 1/8 oval racing.