Wiki Posts
Search

2 cycle oil

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freezebyte
Be that as it may, I don't forsee a flat out ban on 2 strokes happening anytime soon, if ever. They are still the most versatile engine for small application usage worldwide, especially chainsaw usage, portable construction equipment ect..... Besides theres no way in hell their gonna take my Baja way from me. Maybe in states like Mexifornia 2 stroke bans might happen, which is just another reason to my very long list why I'll never live in that state, or others like it.
You better post a "Save the 2 stroke" thread in every known internet forum then.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freezebyte
Be that as it may, I don't forsee a flat out ban on 2 strokes happening anytime soon, if ever. They are still the most versatile engine for small application usage worldwide, especially chainsaw usage, portable construction equipment ect..... Besides theres no way in hell their gonna take my Baja way from me. Maybe in states like Mexifornia 2 stroke bans might happen, which is just another reason to my very long list why I'll never live in that state, or others like it.
Sthil and Husky both have a 4 stroke saw, and as for portable construction equipment, I have been a Commercial mason for 27 years, and last year our company bought some new Husky/Partner chop saws and one was a 4 stroke
Old 07-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Owell, guess I'd better enjoy my Baja before the feds take it away from me then.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I just bought my 5t yesterday, haven't even fired it up yet. Should I use the HPI oil that comes with it for the first break in tank or go straight to a better synthetic oil?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaPeRo

Not only is there very little smoke, even better this oil does not leave black soot and deposits in your engine. I have been using this in my 1/5 on road with no signs of wear after a couple of gallons. I didn't even use the HPI oil in my Baja, I just broke her in with the Castrol, I am however going to stick with 25:1 in the Baja rather than the 32:1 that I use on road. I know a few moto cross riders that swear by it so I figured it's good enough for a weedwacker type engine.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doxiedad
I just bought my 5t yesterday, haven't even fired it up yet. Should I use the HPI oil that comes with it for the first break in tank or go straight to a better synthetic oil?
use the included oil, mix it in 1/2 gallon of gas. run it thru, then jump into the synths.

the hpi oil is a Dino (old style full castor) oil, and is very good for seating the ring quick.