Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My FG Porsche and Me

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default My FG Porsche and Me

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I thought I would introduce myself. I've already sort of met LuisR who helped me and my mate with his FG in the making and I wanted to say hello properly.

I bought my first R/C car back in 2004 and it was a bog standard FG Sportsline Porsche with a GT2 body. Since buying it I have added bits as you do, and now it looks totally different.

It is hard to find a busy forum for help and info on 1/5ths and as I don't race everything I learn about these comes from helpful people like you on forums. I intend to take my car to a local track for the first time this year now that a close friend is building one so I have some real friendly competition to keep me keen.

I've changed it quite a lot, and added quite a bit of weight. The engine is a 26cc with ported head. I also have an Oddie mag diff and Oddie clutch. Now to compensate for the extra weight added I want a new engine this year along with a GT3 bodyshell I am spraying right now.

Any tips or advice are welcome

Thank you for looking,
Tony
Attached Thumbnails My FG Porsche and Me-n96image383.jpg   My FG Porsche and Me-n96image385.jpg   My FG Porsche and Me-n96image386.jpg   My FG Porsche and Me-n96image387.jpg   My FG Porsche and Me-gt2.jpg  

Old 04-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Turbo
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I thought I would introduce myself. I've already sort of met LuisR who helped me and my mate with his FG in the making and I wanted to say hello properly.

I bought my first R/C car back in 2004 and it was a bog standard FG Sportsline Porsche with a GT2 body. Since buying it I have added bits as you do, and now it looks totally different.

It is hard to find a busy forum for help and info on 1/5ths and as I don't race everything I learn about these comes from helpful people like you on forums. I intend to take my car to a local track for the first time this year now that a close friend is building one so I have some real friendly competition to keep me keen.

I've changed it quite a lot, and added quite a bit of weight. The engine is a 26cc with ported head. I also have an Oddie mag diff and Oddie clutch. Now to compensate for the extra weight added I want a new engine this year along with a GT3 bodyshell I am spraying right now.

Any tips or advice are welcome

Thank you for looking,
Tony
I remember seeing that yellow GT2 body on RCtek. I thought you ruined that body in an accident you had.
I am also a Porsche fanatic and I have the same setup, although I am having trouble with the location of the brake master cylinder of the rear brakes. I may have to machine something out to move it a little.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Ahhh, you have a good memory. Yeah, it was involved in a full speed kerb smash after having the brake servo fail on me. I had to buy a new bumper and araldite the wing back together.

Then shortly after fixing it my mate crashed into the side of it with his FG Focus, but it's still holding together lol.

I had a look at your previous posts and saw your new GT3 shell... that is GORGEOUS mmmmmmm. I had to mount my master cylinders on posts with an arm moving them further back. These Porsches are very cramped for fitting the brakes.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up some tips and useful info from you. I have no idea what to do when it comes to springs and shock oil etc. I'm a bit worried about using this now it's alloy, when it was plastic I set it up really well for our car park track, just hoping I can do it again now it's changed so much.
Attached Thumbnails My FG Porsche and Me-image235.jpg   My FG Porsche and Me-image390.jpg  
Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hi, the car looks great. Welcome to RC Tech.

Last edited by xlamontx; 04-05-2010 at 08:30 PM.