Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
Possible Oval Track Opening in Clover, SC. >

Possible Oval Track Opening in Clover, SC.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Oval Track Opening in Clover, SC.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Possible Oval Track Opening in Clover, SC.

Well we wanted to test the waters here and see who might be interested in running oval in Clover, SC. It looks like we might have the opportunity to open a large oval facility in Clover, SC.

Just wanted to see how many interested people we might have to race there. If opened it will (for the most part) follow tour rules format. It will also have a class that is centered around breakout. But for the most part we want to follow tour rules due to the simplicity.

Racer fee will be 15 bucks to race. I know this is more than the Grove track in Rock Hill charges but this track will have a lot to offer for that 15 bucks. There will most likely be food on site as well as a stocked parts area. We will have the latest AMBRC timing system and capabilities for two race tracks.

There will be a 465' run line concrete oval as well as a smaller concrete oval. The run line on the smaller oval has not been calculated yet but is estimated around 175-200ft. We are looking at racing Friday’s as well as Saturdays. As things progress if popularity at the track grows.... More racing could take place.

Nothing at this point is set in stone but we need racers comments on what you think about this track. This track is located in Clover, SC approx 40 miles from the Grove. It is accessible from many locations the largest being i-85. If you need to Google the distance the address is 959 Wilmot Rd. Clover, SC29710.

Need to hear your comments and ideas before we push any further with this great opportunity. Ran a car on the track today and it was like running on butter! So lets here how many people are interested. Picture of this track is not the finished product as stated we are testing the waters for this track and if things look good so will this track.
Attached Thumbnails Possible Oval Track Opening in Clover, SC.-clovertrack018.jpg  
Old 03-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Looks like a fun track!

Looks like a great pan car or 1/4 scale track! What classes are you planning to run?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by n10cities
Looks like a great pan car or 1/4 scale track! What classes are you planning to run?
legends
and breakout

There is talk of truck too.

There is nothing in stone right now execpt 13.5 & 10.5

The run line is about 475'.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know if Randy Bolin still there? I used to race over there years ago. Do you know if Mike still run 1/4 races at Lakeside speedway on the other side of the property?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

You might want to advertise this on Hobbytalk since there are more oval racers on those threads.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE
You might want to advertise this on Hobbytalk since there are more oval racers on those threads.
I know that but there are a few racers here too.

From what I have be told the 1/4 track is still there.