1/10 Gas Oval

Old 02-26-2002, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1/10 Gas Oval

Are there any of you out there? What do you run?
Old 03-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Okay fine. It s too fast for you!
Old 04-22-2002, 12:27 AM
Tech Initiate

If we had a track to run gas oval, I would!

what do you run? or are they too fast for you too?
Old 04-22-2002, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Currently I am setting up for the Norca Paved Oval Nationals and I am working on a new rear pod design for a pan car. Its a two shock 4 link with a panhard bar. If I don't finish it in time I will buy Either a hyperdrive or Bolink. The great thing about them is you can run as long as you want, just stop for the fill ups. We were running them in the 70-80 MPH on veledromes using restricted engines and no tuned pipes. There seems to be a beginning of gas racing coming back to oval with the touring cars using nascar bodies. I hope to see more of that.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Tech Initiate

They used to run the gas cars at the Velodrome here, but one crashed into the wall and did a lot of dammage; hence, no more nitro racing :-(
Old 05-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Ran the paved oval nationals in CA, what a rush. definitely the slow one of the group. Amazing cars. Needed a better clutch. After the race the guys told me I needed to use a MIP Clutch (Thanks alot! LOL) But the car was screaming fast. We ran 12 minute main and it was a rush (complete with pit stops!) The mod guys were turning 4.5 sec and we were around 4.9, 5.0 lap times. A working clutch would have given me something closer to that.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Like the idea with the link rear end and a panhard bar, but unfortunatly, it is an unproven design. It will never work as good as a t-bar, or a mono-ball. A few companies have tried it but they still allways go to a t-bar. The problem is not that it can't be made but that it is way to fragile, just like the trinity link front end. Every time you hit a wall, weather its just a brush or a hard impact it moves. The links are allways streching and flexing, it needs to be re-torqued every run and can also be the reason a car it inconsistant from the 1 min. mark to the 5 min. mark. The other big issue it weight. It is not that big of a deal on the gas but on the elect. car that it was tried on, it gave nothing but a handycap to the car that was not needed. I am not trying to keep you from making it, I have tried it allready and even in stock and 19t it was too inconsistant from the beg to end of a race.
Old 05-30-2002, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Since I have not gotten this on a track yet I can't say. I can tell you that the progress on it continues. as for strength compared to a t bar, I think this is competitive. I am using Heims and ti shafts. I have considered ball cups like the shumacher but I need to work on other parts of the package at this time. I do have cad drawings so If you want to see I'll see what I can do.