Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 ROAR 1/5 Scale On Road Championships

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Default sorry

I actually have an answer to that question. No 301 Raceway is not open to practice of any car or to any one at this time. There are some issues that being corrected especially the concern for insurance and liability responsiblity. Which goes beyond ROAR membership. So stay tune. As right 301 Raceway still lives.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Default hey Victor

Originally Posted by ray0221flux
FYI....Those dates conflict with the Roar regionals in CA. and they are running 5th scale....I know you can't adjust to everyone's schedule but FYI.
I have not heard from anyone from Cali except for the Vs Modelsport crew about attending the event. If you have some names of people who are coming from the LA or other parts of Cali I need to know. I am trying to met the request from the largest comminuty coming from out of town. Let me know who is interetsted in coming and their best dates.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would like to expand on Ray's point above. Since 301 is REscheduling the race, they should make it work around other previously scheduled races. It is not right that there should be a conflict with the ROAR region 12 championships in California, especially since there are probably more regular 1/5 scale racers in California than anywhere else in the country. Maybe I should be clearer. Change the date.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Tsk, tsk AFT53:

That wasnt a very nice tone. Not sure who you are but you're coming off like "Dubya" at the United Nations, circa 2002.

The ROAR Nats is a North American race so unfortunately the organizers can't just cater to Californians. Sure, you guys have a good following; but it's not as big as you think. Your race results are posted regularly on the web and the attendance is fairly modest like everyone else's during these tough economic times. This will be my fourth straight NATS and I usually see 5-6 Cali guys. The most I've seen was maybe 10-12 at Timezone in '07, where guys were able to drive up the coast. Think first before you flex your muscles.

And knowing my man Carlton; don't think he will take too nicely to being commanded to "change the date". Like my Mother-In-Law always says, "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

I'm sure your regional race will do just fine without 4-5 guys who will end up at the NATS. Don't have too many dates left to reschedule the NATs before the Maryland weather changes for the worst. Carlton's doing the best he can despite all the upheaval at 301; we're blessed to have him on the case!

It's just R/C cars, just be glad you have somewhere to race. Wish I were in your shoes debating options; Kyosho Virtual RC is my home track these days! Onroad racing is dead and stinking in Toronto! :-)

Breathe brother,

Hugh
Old 08-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Default interesting comments

Originally Posted by aft53
I would like to expand on Ray's point above. Since 301 is REscheduling the race, they should make it work around other previously scheduled races. It is not right that there should be a conflict with the ROAR region 12 championships in California, especially since there are probably more regular 1/5 scale racers in California than anywhere else in the country. Maybe I should be clearer. Change the date.
Well as you know this is a free country, and where freedom of speech is permitted and everyone have as an opinon. However, I have to take issues to the fact of reponding to an empty thought. You see I took into consideration those racers that commited to attending this event but purchasing the transportation and making their hotel accommodations and sent in their entry form. They requested the dates of the week-end September 26 and 27 so they would loose their plane fare. I discussed this with ROAR Officals and they were in agreement that they (the people who had committed) should be considered before the want to be attendees.

I wish I could attend the ROAR Region 12 Championships. However, I don't have much faith in aft53's data on California "has more regular racers than anywhere". I know when the K&N speedway exisited the population of 1/5 scale racers was much greater than its present following. I would be suprised if you 10 1/5 scale racers at your 12 Championships. The respresentatives from vsmodelsport have committed to coming the 301 raceway, so the about a minus 3-4 people form the that event. There at 301 Raceway we have a consistance 15-17 racers with addtional four people that just brought brand new FG cars which they were expecting to race them at the ROAR 2009 1/5 scale on road championships. So now we are almost up to local 20 racers.

My priority was trying to save 301 Raceway and my next step was to have ROAR 1/5 scale on road championship. It would be interesting to know how many cali racers are going to be racing at the Region 12 event. I have been in contact with "Ray" and others from cali and people here have spoken ton to Victor. I have listening to their suggestions and they have been very helpful resolving some of my problems.

I want to have the ROAR 2009 1/5 Scale On-Road Championship, we are working hard to make this happen. I might not be here for the event because I will be out of the country on personal reasons (yea baby, Australia). The proposed dates are still September 24 through 27, 2009.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Carlton, let's talk brother!

Hey man,

Just sent you a PM. Let me know when is a good time to talk Monday evening.

Thanks,

Hugh
Old 09-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Default the sad news more disappointing

To all those who were planning on coming:

Well everyone the sad news is that after a lot of long hard work to save the 301 Raceway, and to have the event “2009 ROAR 1/5 On Road Championships” it will not be held at 301 Raceway. The only good news is that 301 Raceway will be in operation in spring for 2010. I am sorry that I am the one that is tasked to give to all of you who wanted to come and have fun time at 301 this year this formal announcement.

It has been very frustrating battle for me personally and major disappointment for a lot of people because I have been working on having this Event since April and without the knowledge of what was actually going on behind the scenes and I do enjoy 1/5 scales so much, more than any other r/c classes.

If the race is move to Cali, please will someone contact me and give me the information so I can consider coming because without 301 raceway I (We have) no place else to race for the rest of the season.

I would like to thank ROAR for their support for assisting and working with me in having the 1/5 Championships and the Vs modelsport crew for their backing and advice. I am sure if this situation was a major 1/10 scale event or 1/8 scale event we would be racing on September 24. Hopefully in time 1/5 scale class will continue to grow at 301 raceway track.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Oh well....

Thanks for all your efforts and hard work Carlton; we know you gave it your best shot!

Maybe ROAR can make the Sept. regionals race in Cali the NATS event? I can use my Baltimore flight credit with Southwest and fly to LA instead. I need to race and don't care where I have to go!

Dawn, are you out there?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default too bad!!

Carlton...
we appreciate your hard work, we know that you did your best..
thanks,

Vspeed
Old 09-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RS5PoisonClan
Oh well....

Thanks for all your efforts and hard work Carlton; we know you gave it your best shot!

Maybe ROAR can make the Sept. regionals race in Cali the NATS event? I can use my Baltimore flight credit with Southwest and fly to LA instead. I need to race and don't care where I have to go!

Dawn, are you out there?

yep.. just have the track contact me. It would be a "championship" event though. Anyway, have somebody contact me regarding this from the track and lets see what we can do.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Hey All,

We had our director's club meeting this past Saturday and have elected a 5th scale comittee to undertake bringing the 1/5 Nats to Southern California.

Our comittee, Ray Takahashi, Victor Garcia, Frank Killam, myself and Eric Poholsky are developing the logistics to put on the event. The proposed date is Thurs-Sun October 22-25 2009 to be held at the Artesia Transit Center in Gardena Ca.

I bekieve Ray has already been in touch with the proper individuals to start the process, hopefully, we can have everything completed by the end of this week....stay tuned

Glenn Williams
President
Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club

Last edited by gwilli2001us; 09-07-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Mispelling
Old 09-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey that's AWSOME!! I could get a car and be able to run in a big race right out of the box!!! COOL!!!
I've been playing with my 1/5 Baja cars-- the motors in these babies run really well. I'll be excited to see how well the on-road cars handle and put the horsepower to the ground next week. Good luck on scheduling and putting on the Nat's---I'll surely want to participate!!!! Will there be a "street" class for the Nat's??
Tim Neja
Old 09-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

The Street class is something we are hoping to run at the Nats, so far there has been a good response on this and we are beginning a short series for all 1/5 classes starting Sept. 13th. This will include the Street class.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Looks like I will be attending! Going to check with my fellow Canucks to see if anyone else will be coming too.

Woohoo!! Eh?!?

Hugh