Wiki Posts
Search

Xtreme Racing "Arsenal" Chassis for 1/8 Dirt Oval

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Xtreme Racing "Arsenal" Chassis for 1/8 Dirt Oval

Xtreme Racing new OFNA Dirt Oval upgrade is now available direct and soon available at your lhs. This will be the first NATIONALLY available production chassis upgrade. The motor is moved to develop more corner speed and with all Tank, and Servos movable you can adjust to any track.
Attached Thumbnails Xtreme Racing "Arsenal" Chassis for 1/8 Dirt Oval-img_1654.jpg   Xtreme Racing "Arsenal" Chassis for 1/8 Dirt Oval-img_1655.jpg   Xtreme Racing "Arsenal" Chassis for 1/8 Dirt Oval-img_1656.jpg   Xtreme Racing "Arsenal" Chassis for 1/8 Dirt Oval-img_1657.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Rookie

that chassis looks awesome would love to try one out at my local track in tennessee do you have the info on how to order one i would probably have a few friends who would like to try them as well so any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 06-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We've got 2 on the way to race in Tenn., still loking where the reciver and battery mount but I work that out when i get it on the scales
Old 06-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Rookie

cool im really interested in this chassis it looks to be the solution to my problem with my gtpII i would love to get some info on who to get one or two from and how much they are
Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Little Pricey

I went to there web site and they are priced at $234 each. I think that is a little much. But I dont know if that is MSRP or if that is what they will cost in the hobby shop. But it they cost 234 that is crazy to me. When Dynotech does a stock chassis out of graphite for 110.......

Oldtimer, May I ask what you paid
Old 06-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hitman
I went to there web site and they are priced at $234 each. I think that is a little much. But I dont know if that is MSRP or if that is what they will cost in the hobby shop. But it they cost 234 that is crazy to me. When Dynotech does a stock chassis out of graphite for 110.......

That is msrp on there site, contact horizon
Old 06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's much different than just a stock chassis cut out. It's completely re-engineer with different servo placement and fuel tank options the motor is moved and the weight is optimized for dirt oval. Not just loaded on the left like others. Ask anyone that has seen the prototype running at C&S, this car flat moves through the corners. Plus it's available through any LHS in the US.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Rookie

whats the name of the website they on and also where can i look at the dynatech chasis also i havent seen it yet
Old 06-30-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dirtovaljunky
whats the name of the website they on and also where can i look at the dynatech chasis also i havent seen it yet
The Dynotech chassis is just a carbon fiber replacement for your aluminum chassis, no offset, Ahinchma is correct, this chassis is completely different than anything out there
Old 06-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dirtovaljunky
Xtreme R/C's site: http://www.xtremercracing.com/

Here is the direct link to their Ofna LM parts:

http://www.xtremercracing.com/ULTRA_LATEMODEL.cfm
Old 06-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Wasnt comparing them

I know there is a lot of difference between Chads and Xtremes chassis. But my point was the price. I dont care what is done to the chassis the labor and materials ends up simular. It isnt like there is another square foot of carbon or another 20 hours of labor. I guess my point is its offset and it has some choices but again I dont think its worth 234!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know there is a lot of difference between Chads and Xtremes chassis. But my point was the price. I dont care what is done to the chassis the labor and materials ends up simular. It isnt like there is another square foot of carbon or another 20 hours of labor. I guess my point is its offset and it has some choices but again I dont think its worth 234!
To just copy a chassis and make it out of carbon fiber would only take a few minutes of R&D. To completely engineer a new chassis could take a year or more to do. That's the biggest reason the higher prices. They have to recoup some of the costs. If you think that's a lot of money than get into racing Clodbusters. It's easy to get over a $1,000 before you even have the electronics in it.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rec and Battery Placement Photos

Here are how we are mounting the gear in the Arsenal
Attached Thumbnails Xtreme Racing "Arsenal" Chassis for 1/8 Dirt Oval-img_1680.jpg   Xtreme Racing "Arsenal" Chassis for 1/8 Dirt Oval-img_1681.jpg  
Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

The price on the xtreme website is FULL retail. Check with your local hobby shop to maybe get a better price. The Arsenal is available via Horizon.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chad at Dynotech does sell a stock replacement but he also has an offset chassis, you get a chassis, front body mount plate with hardware and a front bumper assembly for $160, the bumper and chassis is changed so the bumper is now on top not on the bottom of the chassis. Check him out www.dynotech-racing.com it is not on the website yet give him a call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.