Search

1/5 point series racing rules

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 1/5 point series racing rules

Carlton,
I have been thinking about this for a while and eventhough i haven't been affected by this on previous races, I want to clarify some things and get your opinion and others.

During qualify sessions if a faster car approaches a slower car, the slower car MUST facilitate the pass and allow the faster car to pass within 3 to 4 turns on the same lap. This would apply ONLY to the Qualifying sessions.

During finals or mains, in the case of a faster car approaching a slower car, the slower car DOES NOT have to move away from his/her line to allow to faster car by, since they are racing for position, even if the slower car is a few laps behind the leader. The faster driver SHOULD always be responsible for deciding when to pass and when is the appropriate time to do so.

And here is were I am trying to get to.

There would be not exceptions for those drivers who hit another driver in order to get by, we all understand that we all are humans and errors can occur, so this is what we should do in case we do mistakes like that.

If "YOU" hit a car and it rolls over on its side, or endup upside down, "YOU" must stop you car in a safe place on track (NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACK) and wait for the marshals to attend the car "YOU" hit and wait for that car to get back on track and follow behind the car.

If the car "YOU" hit didn't roll over, and you continued to drive, then you must slow down and allow that car to pass you and follow behind him.

If you fail to comply with these rules, you might be penalized with a Stop-and-Go penalty.

These are some suggestions, I am not saying we must implement these rules, but I think we should consider them.
LRR
Old 02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Default WOW you really put me on the spot

Originally Posted by LuisR
Carlton,
I have been thinking about this for a while and eventhough i haven't been affected by this on previous races, I want to clarify some things and get your opinion and others.

During qualify sessions if a faster car approaches a slower car, the slower car MUST facilitate the pass and allow the faster car to pass within 3 to 4 turns on the same lap. This would apply ONLY to the Qualifying sessions.

During finals or mains, in the case of a faster car approaching a slower car, the slower car DOES NOT have to move away from his/her line to allow to faster car by, since they are racing for position, even if the slower car is a few laps behind the leader. The faster driver SHOULD always be responsible for deciding when to pass and when is the appropriate time to do so.

And here is were I am trying to get to.

There would be not exceptions for those drivers who hit another driver in order to get by, we all understand that we all are humans and errors can occur, so this is what we should do in case we do mistakes like that.

If "YOU" hit a car and it rolls over on its side, or endup upside down, "YOU" must stop you car in a safe place on track (NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACK) and wait for the marshals to attend the car "YOU" hit and wait for that car to get back on track and follow behind the car.

If the car "YOU" hit didn't roll over, and you continued to drive, then you must slow down and allow that car to pass you and follow behind him.

If you fail to comply with these rules, you might be penalized with a Stop-and-Go penalty.

These are some suggestions, I am not saying we must implement these rules, but I think we should consider them.
LRR
Passing in 1/5 scale racing at 301 Raceway:

First, let me say that it racing conduct is something that is viewed on case by case bases. There is a rough driving rule which is imposed by the Official 301 Raceway Director or his designee during the racing. It applies during the mains or qualifications. And that is up to their discretion to impose a stop and go penalty. Also, I think it also depends on the personality of the racers. There are some racers that can get around slower cars without issues, because they can carry that speed to pass faster than that slower car.

"During qualify sessions if a faster car approaches a slower car, the slower car MUST facilitate the pass and allow the faster car to pass within 3 to 4 turns on the same lap. This would apply ONLY to the Qualifying sessions. "

Now when a slower car is purposefully is blocking an on coming car that is faster and it is qualifying I would think that the slower driver is demonstrating poor racing conduct on the track. In qualifying I believe in working together during the qualifying session. I don't want to make you slower and I don't wreck the other car causing both of us to have bad lap time. Hopefully, the race director would call for a "move over" to the slower car.

When, there is an incident on the track, for example: two cars are racing and they hit each other because of over excitement; miss judgment; or just racer's luck; again it depends on the driver's personality and racing conduct. If I am racing for position with the other car and we wreck and it my fault, I would wait until that car is rescue (the car gets turn back over) and then we both go back to where we were and race.

If the car is a lap down or more I would ask the driver or informed the driver I am coming as a request to let me by...it doesn't depend on how many turns ....once we can find a clear place to pass safely and it doesn't impact our positions on the track.

Now let say, we wreck and the other car is a lap down or more I wouldn't wait until that car is rescue, but I might get a rough driving penalty placed on me by the Race Director for a stop and go in the pits.

I hope this is helpful and in answers some of your concerns. As I stated before it is a case-by-case bases and it the Race Director's call.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks Carlton for the clarification. I just want everybody on the same page regardless of personality or driving habits. We should all obey the rules.
LRR