Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NSCS Oval Dallas -- Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Default NSCS Oval Dallas -- Video

Back to Wild Bill's in Irving for the Nitro Sprint Car Series race. Sprint Cars EDM's and this year the 1/8th scale late models were running. Pretty wild based on an eighth scale buggy chassis running a .21 or .28 they are wild on a short oval. Since I used to race with all these guys its always a treat to go up and video at WB's. First up as usual is a teaser while I get all the tapes loaded up and organized. I used 4 cameras on this shoot so I have a lot of synchronizing to do with the tapes before I can do the mains. And I still have a few mains from the last set to finish up so I have plenty to edit the next couple of weeks. This video is encoding and will upload after that. Figure 6am for it all to be ready to go. I'm headed to bed.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/NSCS-Teaser.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...SCS-Teaser.wmv

Griz
Old 07-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You the man Griz...can't wait to see the finished product.

The track was a little rough by the mains, so it became harder to control the power slide through the corners. You guys must remeber we run rubber treaded tires on loose dirt with no side dams, its a blast!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default I liked the 1/8 scale cars

I'm a big fan of having way too much power on tap. Those cars are right up my alley. There were some other guys from out of state, I think they were driving the 1/8th scales too, that were asking how they could access the videos. I told them texasdirtoval.net but I'm not sure they will remember that when they get home. So if you have a site be sure and repost the links so they will be able to find them please.

I'm going to try and knock out the rest of the mains today. Had to rest up yesterday. I heard the Dirt Track Nats are going to be there at Bill's in Oct. I'll be sure and get up there for that. All this video stuff started at the oval in Waco. I've probably shot more oval heats still than all the others combined. Lots of those vids were lost when rcuvideos site crashed. At the time I didn't have enough space to store them on my disks so I was using that as an off site storage. After that I bought my own site.

Of all the types of racing I video the oval guys always show their appreciation the most.

In the fall when I can quit running the AC 24 hours a day I'll have enough money to get up to Bill's more often. I bought that Impala earlier this year so I could go to more races with less cost. But the gas prices went way over what I thought they would so its cut down my travel anyways. I'm always broke in the summer seems like. As soon as it gets hot and the electric bills start going up. I always run out of prescription coverage in the summer too and have to start paying a lot more for meds. Its not too bad though I can't deal with the heat so I don't go as much in the summer anyways.

My goal this year was to have the Canon camera and all the software I bought figured out by the fall. Its been 3 months since I bought all that stuff so things are moving right along as planned.

NSCS in Dallas caught me by suprise. Its usually in the fall so I was figuring I'd be all set and ready for it when it came around. Ronnie happened to post on rcfiles or I would have missed it completely. I get into my editing and forget to get on the websites and find out what's going on. I don't decide usually what I'm going to video until Thursday or Friday anyways. Never know how I'm going to feel so its just an 'idea' when I say I'm going somewhere in the future.

Where do you guys run those things in OKC? My aunt and uncle live close to there I sometimes go up to Hallett to video maybe I can schedule it so I can come by and video the r/c's when I'm up there for the 1:1 cars sometime.

Griz
Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

We race them at Competition RC, it's right off of I-35, real easy to get to.
We also race in Broken Arrow at Adam's Creek.

Griz, Is there a way to take still shots from the videos? (like the wheelie from Casey)I think you could get drivers info at he races and then post some action pics on your web site where racers could go and order from. Of course you'd have to make it where they couldn't copy from the site. Just an idea on how to raise money from your trips. I'd love to have a pic of the pink turd slidewayz with the wheels turned right and a rooster tail behind it!
Just an idea!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Default They are low res

They are too low res coming out of the video cam. Can't make them much larger than the one in the post or they blur. I'm usually ok on getting to races but this summer its been hard.

I don't try and set up something to make money because I never know from day to day if I'm going to be able to do anything. I thought I'd get a vid out yesterday but my foot started its thing and now I'm another day behind.

I spend the week in a wheelchair so my legs will be good enough to get out on the weekend. I'm supposed to be in it all the time. If it weren't for some potent pain killers I wouldn't be able to get out and film at all. I have an electric scooter but I haven't gotten the lift put on the Impala yet so I haven't been able to bring that to the races. Its much easier on me with that. Especially at Bill's where I can drive right around the outside of the track no problem. Its been pretty good but now something is wrong with my heel. I couldn't make it around the block last night on my walk. I'll have to put up with it for a few days.

So basically I'm a broke down old dog that won't give up and sit in his wheelchair like the Dr wants him too. I'm going to keep at it for as long as I can figure out a way to get around my limits.

This all started out when I was racing a sprint and EDM at the track in Waco. I'd take my old Hi-8 camera and set it up in the corners so I could see what my car was doing. Some of the other guys wanted to see their cars so I started posting some of the video to putfile. One night I broke an exhaust header and didn't have a replacement so I was out early. I figured since I'd already driven 80 miles I might as well see how good I was at filming the race. Before a couple of heats were over I had it figured out and started zooming in closer and closer to the cars. Figured out that if you zoom as the cars are going away from you and unzoom as they come toward you on an oval everything works out great. For months I shot all the heats I wasn't in and a buddy shot my heats. I put out most of the mains for those months every week. My heart started going south and I had to cut back then the track closed. Still don't know if I could keep up that pace now but I think it would be more of a burn out issue than a health issue now. I want to do this for a long time so I don't push as much as I used too. Don't want to wake up one day and be tired of doing it.

Looks like the trip to Colorado next month isn't going to happen. The convention starts in Denver the day after the race so hotels are full and prices are sky high. Even if I could find one I'm not sure I want to be there anyways when all that is going on. Especially since the track is downtown near the convention center and all that. Its bound to be a mess. So the wife and I were talking about alternatives last night and Ok came up. I'll have to check into those tracks you mentioned. Hopefully they have websites so I can find out the schedules. Then if something is going on at Hallett that I want to film I might end up coming up to Ok next month instead of going to Colorado.

Griz
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sprint A-Main

Here is the A-Main for the Sprint Cars.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/NSCS-Sprint-A.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...s/Sprint-A.wmv

Griz
Old 07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Suspended

this is so cool awsome man
Old 07-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

great videos
Old 08-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default A Main for the Modifieds

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/NSCS-EDM-A.html

Download
www.promofo-racing.org/video/WildBills/EDM-A.wmv

Griz
Old 08-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default A-Main 8th scale LateModel

Here is the 8th scale LateModel race.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/8thLateModel.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...hLateModel.wmv

Griz
Old 08-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Good work Griz.....I get sore just watching that race...rough!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default Yea it was that night

Unusual for the track to get rough like that. Its usually good to go the whole way. Although that was with Bullock tending to it. The guys now have to learn some more before they can get it to work like Bullock could. Can't blame him for hanging it up. He's been at it for many years. The 8th scalers are pretty cool. I'm a fan of big motors and cars so they are right up my alley. Not going to make it up to Ok any time soon. I'm going to Phoenix for the World Finals drag boat race and I need to save up some money for that so I'm staying close to home until after I get back.

Griz