Search

What's this worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 07:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default What's this worth?

http://lkracer.netfirms.com/

The FG car has a Solo 23cc tune race mod motor, with large bore race carb and the performance solo race clutch.. yes the motor is a weed wacker type motor, only this motor puts out about 4 horsepower and 19,000 rpm..

The car does a good 50-55mph which is very fast for a 25 lb object running 50:1 ratio oil/fuel mix.. These cars are lots of fun, you can actually smoke the tires like a real car!

The car has disc brakes, and fully adjustable threaded coil over shocks, camber, caster, toe in, out can all be adjusted.. The body still has lots of life life, there are a couple scars from racing, but the rollcage protects the body very well if it is flipped.. This FG was raced competitively at the local onroad track here last summer by a buddy of mine who gave up the hobby. I bought it with the intention of racing it this summer, but the class has died.

There's about $2,000 into the race setup.. The car and race motor alone w/o upgrades were $1,400 then the spare tires and extras parts, there new in the bag extra parts included, including a brand new clutch.. the tires were $80 a pair mounted, $160 a set..

The electronics:

Multiplex MCV2 Power/Speed Digital Servo ($140 servo) for throttle and brake
Hitec Monster 805BB Super 340oz Torque Steering Servo
3000mah SMC matched rx battery pack

I am selling my Kanai 2, and this was offered as a trade for it. Crystal park is the only place I could race it, and that's a 2 hour drive. I would propably just end up selling it, so I'm just wondering what I could get for it. Be cool to run, but unfortunately, I drive an S2000, and that thing isn't gonna fit anywhere in my car...
Old 05-13-2003, 07:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

BTW, it is a 2002 FG 1/5 but he never said what model, I am illeterate to 1/5, so I have no clue.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

HOW MUCH ARE YOU ASKING FOR THE CAR?ARE WHAT WOULD YOU TRADE FOR IT??I HAVE A BRAND NEW 1:10 SCALE STREEET FORCE GP 3 TANKS THROUGH IT.I HAVE OTHER STUFF IF INTERESTED
Attached Thumbnails What's this worth?-untitled2.gif  
Old 05-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

HOW MUCH ARE YOU ASKING FOR THE CAR??ARE YOU WILLING TO TRADE SOMETHING FOR IT??I HAVE A BRAND NEW STREET FORCE GP WITH 3 TANK THROUGH IT,AND MANY OTHER THINGS IF INTERESTED
Attached Thumbnails What's this worth?-untitled2.gif  
Old 05-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

HE'S not selling the car he told alot about he's trading his kani 2 for it. (I think)
Old 05-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

From what I've seen 1/5th scale going for on Ebay, you could probably get between $900 and $1500 for it with better pictures.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Wow, didn't realize it was worth that much at all, is it still a competitive car in the class?
Old 06-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Randman
Wow, didn't realize it was worth that much at all, is it still a competitive car in the class?
With the Solo engine, it won't be that competitive at all.