Wiki Posts
Search

Novaks new 17.5 motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Novaks new 17.5 motor

Novak is producing the 17.5 motor as a motor to run with Orion's 3200 Lipo and will produce speeds very close to 4 cell/ 10.5-4300. It has been tested with 4 Cell NiMh's and is about as fast as 4 cell/stock, maybe slightly faster. It will only be available on Novaks web site for now. Also being tested is a 25.5 motor to used with Lipos to be as fast as 4 cell/ stock.

Novak Shopeatron
Old 06-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...this motor I think will make a great SPEC type motor to get some of the On-Road and Off-Road guys into brushless too. (with 6 cell of course)

Very easy to drive and control, with all the benefits of being brushless...should make for GOOD Racing -
Old 06-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

what can we expect it to run like in a touring car on lipo or 6 cell? about like a mabuchi or maybe like a tamiya "spec" motor?
Old 07-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The motor isn't released yet. They are being wound as we speak.We have been running a prototype in paved oval, testing for SWtour. We haven't had a chance to run it in sedans. I would guess at least as fast as a mabuchi but slower then a 13.5 of course. As soon as mine comes in I'll post how it works in a sedan.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...I going to stuff one in a TC the weekend of the 15th of July and see how it does against the local 'sportsman stock' guys (I suck at ONROAD - but my kid will be running it - and he does pretty decent, the biggest thing we'll be looking for is Straight Away speeds and how it comes off the corners...)

The numbers I've crunched on this motor look like it spins up around 2700 rpm per volt unloaded...so I'm looking at around a 16,000 rpm gear ratio under load. So it should run similar to a TRINITY Handout Stock motor I'm thinking...once geared right (Cause it has a ton more power than those motors...)