Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Kyosho Inferno GT Owners,

We’re thinking of putting on a race this December for GT cars in Tampa Florida. How many GT racers would be interested in attending a GT only racing event?

Classes will be “Stock GT RTR”, “Modified GT” & “Open GT”, we’ll be working on “Class Rules” within the next 2 weeks.

Track construction starts in 2 weeks too!

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro Series
Event Marketing
www.rcproseries.com

Where in Tampa will the track be located? Count me IN. I live in Orlando.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default GT Race in Tampa

Very cool!

Do you know other GT owners in your area that might be interested in the race?

We need to develop nation-wide GT class racing events and classes.

The exact date will be set next week, but we're thinking December 2nd.

Visit Ronnie Setser's Customs website for address & directions.
http://www.ronniesetser.com/

Lets get those GT cars out there racing!

Jeff Vargas
RC Pro Series
www.rcprosites.com

Last edited by Jspeed; 08-18-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i'll run modified or open (depending on what rules my car fits in)
Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default mb body

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
I just bought and raced the Ferrari body today... the headlights under the tint pop off with a little contact. I had one come off and took the other off before the second qualifier.

This is one good looking body for the GT... seems to be the most realistic proportioned. I had run the BMW and the Mercedes CLK bodies.... this is the keeper of the lot.

.... oh yeah... TQ'd and won!!
mercedes benz clk body,does kyosho make this body where can iget one.who makes it ,part #,relly need to know,thanks
Old 08-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ofna makes it. I found mine at RCboyz.com
Old 08-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

do you know the ofna part #?
Old 08-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

OFN31141

I am not sure who gets credit for the photos. They are on the APEX hobby store web site. They are my car with the two bodies I mentioned. I don't have photos of the Ferrari body on the car...yet...
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT-apexhobby-1.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT-apexhobby-7.jpg  
Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

thanks found it on rc boyz site last night,now i can get rid of aston martin from factory,can you or any one else help me out .got my gt and have not fired it up yet and have had it about 2 months,to many 10 scale electric onroad cars.any have collected what i need to start it finally this weekend i hope,20% o'donnell fuel will this be alright and how should i break it in all o.e.m.,thanks
Old 08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Cool video

Check it out
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/videos/...INFERNO_GT.wmv
Old 08-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

still waitin for break in.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fred71
thanks found it on rc boyz site last night,now i can get rid of aston martin from factory,can you or any one else help me out .got my gt and have not fired it up yet and have had it about 2 months,to many 10 scale electric onroad cars.any have collected what i need to start it finally this weekend i hope,20% o'donnell fuel will this be alright and how should i break it in all o.e.m.,thanks
please any help appreciated
Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fred71
please any help appreciated
Tried and true way that got most users success:

You have to advance the throttle trim as much as 25%. Big blocks really like this.

Prime until fuel is in carb. Stop.

Advance throttle trim 10-25%. Pull a few times to swish fuel into crank/engine/chamber.

Clip on glow plug and fire it up. Leave glow warmer on for 20-30 secs after the engine starts.

If she putters, advance the throttle more.

It is just big block quirkiness. Gets worse when engine is hot --- must advance throttle even more.

She will not run away, even at 33% throttle, but set it so it can't, just in case. Revs will build and give you a chance to trim it back.

Kyosho initial settings are very very very very rich, and can drown out the glow plug. Don't be afraid to lean it (high speed screw) to prevent the stalling. If she dies as you throttle up, she is suffocating on fuel.

Keep a few spare plugs around. Kyosho engines are dirty when new and the plug will fry itself from the dirt.

All is normal! Relax, and survive break in. Experienced guys can be brought to tears w/new engines! Try using a hair dryer to loosen up the engine by giving it some heat. Heat expands the engine sleeve and takes the stress of the con rod and pull starter.

You got it started, so now it's a matter of keeping it running to break it in and get it loose enough to run.

Focus on the high speed setting during break in....just keep it running, and if the idle is too low, go ahead and use the little Phillips screw to raise the idle. The high speed does most of the fuel mixing at all throttle positions.

After break in, you can check back and we'll get your idle setting fixed along with the low speed (aka Idle mix) setting.

Focus: start it, keep running, get some revs under it's belt.....lol

The GXR 28 has been known to be a pita to break in. These tips should get you where you need to be. Loose the stock plug and run an OS#8. Do this before you start the process. Get a few plugs and throw the stocker away. Buy some gloves to avoid pull start rash. You will not regret the effort. Oh yea once you get broke in....your going to need new tires....quick...you'll see. good luck
Old 08-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Nitrofest

Kyosho Inferno GT Owners

RC Pro Series has scheduled our first event intended to showcase the Kyosho Inferno GT.

Here is your chance to race and show everyone what the GT is all about!

Old 08-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

What rules are set? Box Stock? Some mods allowed? Tires? Motors? Knowing helps me determine if I should try to make this event or just sit home.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default GT Race

The Kyosho Inferno Nitro GT classes are going to be a lot of fun.

Rules are simple:

“Stock GT” must retain factory wheelbase, have factory GT RTR chassis & engine, Factory options only, mod electronics OK

“Super Stock” must retain factory wheelbase, other than that what ever you want to do is legal, Engine size limit is .28, No nitrous, turbo or superchargers. That’s it, just like street racing, run what you brung!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.