Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
3PJS Front brake setup for 1/5 scale >

3PJS Front brake setup for 1/5 scale

3PJS Front brake setup for 1/5 scale

Old 03-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 3PJS Front brake setup for 1/5 scale

I have been tinkering with my radio for the past 2 nights trying to setup the brakes on my FG Competition.

What i wanted is when you turn the steering wheel the front brakes would release so you can steer. Only when you don't have steering input the front brakes will be full lock.

Well there is a feature in the PJS that allows you to set the front brakes (CH3) proportional to steering input. So the more you steer the more it will release the brakes. you can set the end point of how much you want it to open as well..

how to do this...
Step one. Go into the Setup mode
Step two. look for the PMX1 and PMX2 selections
on PMX 1 set the MST to Throttle, SLV to 3ch.
this allows the third channel to apply brakes when throttle brakes are applied (rear brakes)
Step 3 go into PMX 2. Set the MST to Steering, SLV to 3ch. This allows the 3rd channel to rotate according to steering input.

There is one note the Servo must be reversed accordingly so the brakes are on when the brakes are applied. There are 2 settings Righ,Ligh. These go into +/- 100%. you will need to set one to 100% + and the other should be 100% -. this is how much throw the front brakes will have in direct proportion to the steering input. this is the limiter setting.

This is an explination in a nut shell so if you have any questions i will be glad to help.. But i love how my car works now with rear brakes pitching the car just became a simple thing to do.