Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:37 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm mostly active at this thread at the moment:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...35#post2943735
I'm also in the process of arranging everything for the new season for our RC Le-Mans racing series.
http://www.rc-lemans.tk/
Pictures of last season:
http://home.zonnet.nl/fam-devries/foto.htm

I'm also in the process of making our own website for pancar team holland:
http://www.pancarteamholland.tk/

And I'm still further developing my own chassis, the X10. I hope I'll be able to make a small production run of them (5 cars). Not as a company, but just me private helping fellow racers out, and I'll see how it goes from there.

I'm also looking into more exotic pancar designs, and working with a friend of mine to make a prototype car to see how it wors.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Seriously - take a look at John Stranahan's thread. His car is moving quickly to the awesome realm. . .
Old 01-18-2007, 12:28 PM

Here's a picture of my X10 in its current shape. (please don't mind the chunked tires and dirty chassis LOL)
I ran it last weekend. It wasn't raining for the occaision. Although the track was very dusty and lacked traction, the car was on rails. I have found a really good setup for it!

It ran better than any car I've run so far. Very promising for the oncoming summerseason!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Hi guys, havent been around in quite a while, got into to som r/c flying (a lot of fun and really challenging to build) and then got busy with life and a new career. Seems like 1/10 pan car is falling even closer to total extinction... AE doesnt even make a 235mm car anymore...
Anyway, I was thinking of getting a new car again (10L 2) but I see they dont exist new anymore. I still find it odd that more people dont get into them. Theay are clearly the fastest cars going. I got into 12th scale for a while but sold everything so I guess I have to start over.
I realize this is off topic but have any of you guys actually seen or driven one of those 1/18th Robitronic Scalpels? They look really cool, I did see a thread on them but I was interested in getting the opinion of true pan car guys. Seeing as how 1/10th seems to be dead and I dont have the time to competivley race 1/12th, I figured I would get something to blast around the track with (my track is too small for the speed of a 1/10th anyway) and mess with the tc guys on practice days. I was thinking the Scalpel might be just the ticket. LiPoly and Brushless- I bet it would be a lot faster than any TC. I guess my question is about the quality/tunability of it. Again, sorry to get off topic but I tend to trust the opinions of guys on this thread as you are all true pan car people.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

wow... its quiet around here.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have a 10L2 that I'll sell for very cheap, PM me your email and I'll send photos.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sean – good to see the old posters popping up again – I think you didn’t get an answer because I don’t of anyone in here racing micro-1/18th – my theory has been that any track big enough for micro is big enough for 1/12th scale and with 1/12th you get so much more car in terms of durability, tunability, etc. for the same/less money. We used to see $800 “hopped-up to the max” micros show up to race at SoCal and they would run like toys…And, a 4-cell 19th 1/12th car would be more than enough to mess with most TC’s.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Pan Car speed runs from Japan - pretty cool - check it out: http://fastrc.blogspot.com/2007/01/9...run-trial.html
Old 01-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
Pan Car speed runs from Japan - pretty cool - check it out: http://fastrc.blogspot.com/2007/01/9...run-trial.html
very cool ,
Old 01-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MarkA
Sean – good to see the old posters popping up again – I think you didn’t get an answer because I don’t of anyone in here racing micro-1/18th – my theory has been that any track big enough for micro is big enough for 1/12th scale and with 1/12th you get so much more car in terms of durability, tunability, etc. for the same/less money. We used to see $800 “hopped-up to the max” micros show up to race at SoCal and they would run like toys…And, a 4-cell 19th 1/12th car would be more than enough to mess with most TC’s.
Oasis offered to sell me his 10L2, which I may take him up on or else go 1/12th. I was just curious about the micro because I thought it was cool and also because what ever I get is simply going to be for fun. I want to try out some brushless set ups and I think that could get quite expensive at 1/10th scale.

Its good to be back. Are any of you guys still racing? I only browsed through a few posts but it looked like most of the original posters were gone...
Old 01-23-2007, 11:22 AM

I'm still here. Still racing 10th pancar as much as possible.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sean

Its good to be back. Are any of you guys still racing? I only browsed through a few posts but it looked like most of the original posters were gone...

Yes and no – most of us SoCal racers who used to make up the majority of the thread have moved on to other challenges. Myself and Boomer and are doing full-scale RallyX racing. Thirdplace, Jerry P. and Dennis and racing oval. Several others have drifted away from RC altogether.

I think as we ran into material acquisition challenges (cars, bodies, etc.) a little while ago, that stunted our growth and made racing the class a bit repetitive even though the cars/class are the most fun I had in 19+ years of racing RC thus the “core” of the class went looking for new challenges. As such, it kinda died off for us before what looks like a wave of newer, high tech (darkside’s car, the X10, the PRC one) roadcourse cars is coming. That being said, I will personally always keep a pan car and the stuff to run it – just “in case”…

However, the European posters here are still racing strong as mentioned a few posts above, the Canadians are still racing the class, it looks like FL is making a comeback and the CO guys seem to be growing as well. And, it doesn't take more a few cars to introduce it to any "new" track and have people saying, "wow, what's that..."

Stormer Hobbies continues to keep the GTP body situation viable and more cars look to be coming - as AE moves from the competition car market in general to the RTR one, they will and are being replaced by those willing to service a niche market. The oval guys are a bit ahead of us in that respect in that they’ve been making their own “50%” cars for years – cars that are 50% low-volume racing specials and 50%, off the shelf AE/equivalent replacement parts. If that’s where Pro10 Racing can successfully head, I think it still has a viable future. Being faster and cheaper than anything else on anything but a dusty track will never totally lose it’s appeal – it just needs to be re-found.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

the only problem is when AE moved production overseas, they have stopped making parts for the older cars. Or atleast rear hubs for a T3. I can only imagine this cuts across the product lines. So unless its useable on a 'gen 4' car I fear it may require 3rd party production from now on.

if you hear differently please let us know.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sean
Oasis offered to sell me his 10L2, which I may take him up on
If he is Offering the Car I sold him last year. Don't wait. It's a good car.
Lots of hoop-ups.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Hi fellow pro10 racers.

I have continually brought my 10L3T pan car with a sedan body to my local indoor track and ran it with a 19T/6cells against other 19T sedans and I can tell you that I successfully got a few racers HOOKED on pans (they got themselves some RC10L3T), We are now 4 official racers that will be starting a PAN 10th (Stock/6cell indoor) class out of a total of 50+ racers. its not much but its a start.

Slowly but surely !

M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.