Mod late model

Old 05-01-2023, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mod late model

Maybe this could inspire others to use older unused RCs. Short. I just started going to this oval. The heavy hitters hang out Friday nights and run custom sprints and mod late models. So I decided to convert my 22 3.0 to something hopefully fast. Almost finished. Used die grinder (death wheel) custom works battery hold down. Macalister kit . I will race it in mod late model. Butter smooth 7.0t boosted. See how it hangs with the baller custom carbon cars. Hope to try out in two weeks.

Last edited by jasburrito; 05-01-2023 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks Good!
Keep Us updated
Old 05-09-2023, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Welcome to rctech. Got the mod late model done. Bought body from an old timer at the track. Looks pretty sick. Will let ya know how it does against world class oval cars. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

I tried running mod during practice. Without adjustable arms and modern body my car was not even close to purpose built cars. So I switched it to 17.5 late model and did pretty good.! TQ and win.

Old 02-03-2024, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

This chassis had been moth balled and stripped. Then last week some mod late model gfrp and custom works showed up. Reinvented with Boosted 4.5t. And foams. Yellow fuel line inside shocks/earplugs in top of shocks with no oil.
I was gonna add pic. But advanced is missing? In desktop. Added pic in my album.

Last edited by jasburrito; 02-03-2024 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-03-2024, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasburrito
This chassis had been moth balled and stripped. Then last week some mod late model gfrp and custom works showed up. Reinvented with Boosted 4.5t. And foams. Yellow fuel line inside shocks/earplugs in top of shocks with no oil.
I was gonna add pic. But advanced is missing? In desktop. Added pic in my album.
Can you expound on the shock set-up/idea please? .... thanks!
Old 02-04-2024, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yes, I would like to hear more on that also. I'm still studying the "upside down" thing! l Lol. Now their skippin the oil part?
Old 02-05-2024, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr casual
Yes, I would like to hear more on that also. I'm still studying the "upside down" thing! l Lol. Now their skippin the oil part?
If the surface is smooth and running foam tires, all the normal rules of offroad are off.

Old 02-07-2024, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr casual
I don't know who's not running oil. That'd make for a bouncy ride even in a smooth track. In the last 35 years we've run light, heavy, stiff, soft, etc. But always oil.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

I got a chance to try the car last night. I used a newer cw late model body. It was the fastest car around the oval. The 4.5t was powerful. But not too much. I started with 20 on endbell and added 10 then 25 to esc. So i had it up to 45 total. The ride hieght is only 4mm with about 2mm down travel. So there is like very little suspension. no bounce. I had the smallest pinnion and largest spur. Only ran a a few times. I did not wanna get banned or stink eye from guys. It was just so much faster than anything else. Like they were stopped. I did contact one mini fabtech late model car launched it about 10 to 15 feet in the air. Hw stock spec 3.1 esc rated for 4.5. was 150 ,motor was 110. I will gear up a few teeth and run it again in a few weeks. There was nobody there for me to race against. But when those other mod late models show up I will be ready. Cheers.