Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
Last question, bought an on road car..... >

Last question, bought an on road car.....

Last question, bought an on road car.....

Old 12-19-2002, 10:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Last question, bought an on road car.....

And this is my first real electric car. I have raced nitro for a few years now but I just bought a carpet knife and I am going to race indoor as well. I have a CK, Trinity Monster Stock Pro motor, ESC, bought 12 SMC batts to make 3 pack since I am just starting, and a Hitec 225 mini servo. Now since I only run gas, the only charger I had was a Duratrash Intellipeak which was a great charger for my RX and TX packs but I don' t think I am going to truct it with expensive 3300 batts. I am going to buy a new charger tommorow at my hobby shop. I have narrowed it down to the Millenium Pro with a N power supply or the Integy 16x9. I read the review that was written here but he used the 16x5. The thing that is swaying me is the Integy can Discharge as well up to 20 amps. My LHS owner reccomended the Millenium and using a bulb discharger set at 20 AMPS but I am not sure still. Anyone have any input because other than that, the reviewer from here seemed to match them up pretty even and they both cost the same if you include the power supply for the Novac. I am not to fond of the idea of a bulb discharger just because you have to moniter voltage don't you?
Old 12-19-2002, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just buy something like this with a voltage cutoff setup on the lights and you're set: https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=RCE7099 .

The Novak is a much higher quality piece, IMO.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Great man, thanks a lot. Like I said I have never ran good electrics before. I didn't kknow that existed. Thanks again.