Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Funkydrummer1

Losi 5ive t

Old 07-04-2020, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Losi 5ive t

Hey guys. Just wanted to share with you some pics of my boys Losi 5ive t. Hes 11 and we've been running 1/10 off road for a year and a half now. Hes getting pretty fast!!! Very good racecraft and sportsmanship. Although he still is 11 and gets a little pissy when he doesnt place so well... but hey, we all do...anyways,
We're venturing into 1/5 racing now. Although I've had this truck for 9 months, 1/5 racing is just opening up in my area. Theres a club race next weekend that we'll attend so it's a bit of trial by fire. But hes so good in 1/10 it should translate a bit to this scale....I hope...lol.
Spent some dough on this thing, but enjoyed building it up. The OBR engine is pretty boss. Just the 7 hp but it still screams compared to the stock engine.

Yeeee Haaww!!!

Got a lot of hop ups on this. Good thing racing is open now. This thing just sitting there for months made me wanna keep hotrodding it out!!!

Some cheapy aluminum hubs...hopefully they hold up. Crazy how much the TLR hopups are for Losi 5.

Aluminum center diff section with servo brace. The Hitec servo was a great choice. Not as good as a dual servo setup, but waaay better than the stock Losi. Im installing one on the throttle side this weekend.

Big baby... Gotta say, Sean at OBR was a big help.

Cheapy caster blocks.
gavsta72 likes this.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Looks good mate. The Losi 5ive is an awesome bit of kit. Enjoy
Old 07-04-2020, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Looks fantastic! I own an X2 but I love the 5T platform in general, it's the best out there in my opinion.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I love all large scale stuff. It's just cool. But yeah, the Losi 5s are really stout. I know there's another manufacturer making 5scale offroad racers, but cant remember the name offhand. But theyre really expensive. I'm sure they're worth the money. But the nice thing about the Losis is the support available. Aftermarket and replacement.. fortunately I live semi close to a 1/5 scale track so parts are plentiful. Obviously theres always on line,,,But of course I try to keep it brick and mortar.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Funkydrummer1 View Post
I love all large scale stuff. It's just cool. But yeah, the Losi 5s are really stout. I know there's another manufacturer making 5scale offroad racers, but cant remember the name offhand. But theyre really expensive. I'm sure they're worth the money. But the nice thing about the Losis is the support available. Aftermarket and replacement.. fortunately I live semi close to a 1/5 scale track so parts are plentiful. Obviously theres always on line,,,But of course I try to keep it brick and mortar.
You're probably thinking of MCD?? they're only expensive if you buy the super duper models with all the bells and whistles, but they are pure class. The basic models cost just as much as the Losi 5iveB and T.
The MCD's are THE cars to beat at the track that's for sure. They generally run rings around the Losi's, but the Losi's are more durable
Old 07-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah. The track I'm at there all Losi. Mines got a lot of aluminum on it. It's pretty stout. Its definitely not going to give like plastic. So if he takes a tumble, we'll see how everything holds up. He doesnt really have bad crashes on his own in 1/10. He'll get marshalled 2 or 3 times at most..I only have 1/10 experience to draw from so I dont really know everything to expect.