• 1 Post By Wheels4
  • 1 Post By Wheels4

REALLY LARGE scale RC Buggy

Old 03-23-2020, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default REALLY LARGE scale RC Buggy

Hello everyone,

I build Campground Cruisers, which are small replicas of full size sandrails. You sit on the top, kind of like a 4 wheeler. Anyways, I want to turn one into an RC for myself... not to produce/sell. Although, it has crossed my mind to sell/produce... insurance and Liability make me not want to do it though. So anyways, I am posting this bc I need help with servo size, etc.

I am thinking 1/8 scale high torque like I used in my truggy... but, I dont know if that would do. Maybe a two servo setup?? Any ideas what size servo's I would need for this size vehicle?

Edit: I posted about this back in November, but did not get any responses. Figured I would ask again.
gavsta72 likes this.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Id go with a linear servo type.. way more travel and way more torque...https://www.servocity.com/hdls-8-30-12v
Old 03-23-2020, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Dunno, but a 1/8 scale servo wouldn't be up to the task that's for sure.

Judging by the size and weight of them, then a dual 1/5 scale servo setup would be needed i'd say, or the linear one mentioned above

https://www.amainhobbies.com/large-s...s-trucks/c2159

Old 03-23-2020, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

weight of asked 4 thing?
will there be a driver?
are you going to add a steering arm..one that has a few inches?Brakes?whats the front swing of steering(handle bars)
are you going to try and hide servos location?
off topic just heard the news Im in a cant go anywhere after midnight.went to save a lot dropped 565$ on freezables and gonna need for 15 days..
Old 03-23-2020, 05:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the input fellas.

Weight is roughly 200-225 lbs
If I turn it into an RC, no one will be sitting on it
I could easily add a steering arm off of the steering column. That steering column is actually two peices and it disconnects just above the hood.
It has Hydrualic brakes in rear... I would have to figure out how to make it work with a servo.
Front swing of steering is roughly 3.5 inches to 5 inches... have not measured. Lol but, the swing would depend on the length of the steering arm.
I would try to hide servos as best I could.

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
weight of asked 4 thing?
will there be a driver?
are you going to add a steering arm..one that has a few inches?Brakes?whats the front swing of steering(handle bars)
are you going to try and hide servos location?
off topic just heard the news Im in a cant go anywhere after midnight.went to save a lot dropped 565$ on freezables and gonna need for 15 days..
gavsta72 likes this.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Good luck. I think you can do this.. if its a plunger activated brake on Brake lever. it has to fit in brake lever with a keyed system just make a adapter to that and use servo..