Like Tree123Likes

Losi DBXLE 2.0

Old 05-27-2021, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 996redbull View Post
Excellent plain English for my old brain, thank you very much.
No problemo 🙂
Old 05-27-2021, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FilipBoute View Post
Sorry, double post.
A good charger for your batteries is the SkyRC D400, it's only a dual port, but it's a 2x200w charger

You can't program the radio to switch the lights on, you need to get a second switching relay thing for that. I use the SkyRC electronic switch, Hobbywing make a good one also, and just run the lights throgh that, with the switch mounted in the drivers cockpit

As for the lipos, you have a problem there that's for sure. It could be the ESC LVC. I would suggest getting a lipo voltage alarm/monitor thingy. They're only very small and plug into the balance port on the lipo. When the voltage gets down, the alarm rings. At least you can keep an eye on things
Old 05-28-2021, 05:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Thanks for getting back for me. I've purchased a Ultra Power UP120 Touch this week and the difference is huge. So I'm bringing the other charger back to trade it in for 2 extra lipo's . Ordered another charger so I have 2 of them.

The lipo problem was just me being dumb. I didn't read the small letters in the manual that said to disconnect the lipo's immediately after driving. So I forgot about this and that is what caused to abnormal discharge. Managed to get the lipo's revived again so we're all good.

Will check for that switching relay.

I've allready bought some lipo voltage alarms but as soon as I give full throttle the alarm goes of because I suppose of the high current that is being drawn from the lipo's. But in the end I don't need them as the LVC is working perfectly.
gavsta72 likes this.
Old 05-28-2021, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FilipBoute View Post
Hi,

Thanks for getting back for me. I've purchased a Ultra Power UP120 Touch this week and the difference is huge. So I'm bringing the other charger back to trade it in for 2 extra lipo's . Ordered another charger so I have 2 of them.

The lipo problem was just me being dumb. I didn't read the small letters in the manual that said to disconnect the lipo's immediately after driving. So I forgot about this and that is what caused to abnormal discharge. Managed to get the lipo's revived again so we're all good.

Will check for that switching relay.

I've allready bought some lipo voltage alarms but as soon as I give full throttle the alarm goes of because I suppose of the high current that is being drawn from the lipo's. But in the end I don't need them as the LVC is working perfectly.
Good to hear you got it sorted mate. Enjoy

The dibby's a beast that's for sure. I've had my fun with 1/5 scale for the last few years, and have gone back to 1/8 now. I love building 1/8 speed machines and bashers. 1/5 can drain the bank balance very quick, well for me anyway 🤣
Old 05-28-2021, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, that's for sure. The money I've allready spent this week is a lot. But now that I have a good transmitter, chargers and lipo's the investment in a 2nd car will be only the car itself. But yeah, I know myself so I'm allready thinking of upgrading the steering servo, maybe install the mechanical brake set and after that upgrade to the Castle Creations Mamba 1100kv motor and esc ...

Old 06-07-2021, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Gavsta72 question, what are your go to 1/8 scale speed/basher cars? I really like the kits as when I was a younger guy I built the Kyosho Optima Turbo as my first and then a ton of Rc10 race buggies.. I like the trophy trucks and the Truggies but seems no one really does 1/8 kits you build, seems everything is rtr... I think building is so much more satisfying than really playing with them to a degree.. Thanks