Like Tree115Likes

Losi DBXLE 2.0

Old 07-31-2020, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Always solid input from Gav. I also recently came across a few ZTW builds on YouTube and apparently, there is a V2 or 3 (not sure) ZTW Beast Pro 300A out now. Hard to get in these current times though.

Anyone have any input or knowledge on the updated ZTW ESCs?
gavsta72 likes this.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Thanks for the input gavsta72,

Yeah I was going to go low KV, and was also eyeing up the HW system, as even on 8S looks good in my book. Given I am a HW Snob / Fan boy, and as such am very comfortable with their setup and features. I am looking at the HW 56113 800KV for 8S. Im not trying to destroy the car, but would like a bit more speed as my previous 1:5 when geared right (Gas) would easily do 65. The Leopard I was eyeing were the 530 as you stated but also the 700KV.

I had not considered your Max5 / Leo combo, as i failed to remember its a non sensored setup, so that may be the Ticket!

Now my question is the HW 1100KV short motor underpowered for the car on 8S, i.e. not able to put out the torque efficiently. I know coming also from a 1:8 back ground the Long can motors in Truggy were much more tractable than the short (buggy spec) motors.
Yep, the 1100kv is way too small and underpowered. It gets too hot in an Arrma Kraton 8S. Deffo a 58113 can motor for the DBXLe.
Like I mentioned earlier, the Leo 58113 870kv with a Max5 is a powerhouse combo, more efficient and more power than the HW 800kv. You won't be disappointed at all. Leo 1/5 motors are the best imo.
You can get the Leo 870kv from RCjuice, along with the Leopard 200amp esc which is just a re-branded Max5. A cheaper option (for me anyway) is from Aliexpress in China, a seller named FATJAY, he's got xt150 connectors also which are my go to for high power setups at the moment due to limited supplies of stuff in Australia. There is also the OSE 8mm connectors
I bought my last 2x Max5's, Leo motor's and connectors from FATJAY, sent EMS express. Cheapest price and quick delivery
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rudebwoyfishman View Post
Always solid input from Gav. I also recently came across a few ZTW builds on YouTube and apparently, there is a V2 or 3 (not sure) ZTW Beast Pro 300A out now. Hard to get in these current times though.

Anyone have any input or knowledge on the updated ZTW ESCs?
All I know is they have "beefed up" the internals to handle higher kv motors on 12S, however I've seen people saying they still die with an 800kv motor.
All the ZTW's and the Hobbystar 300amp (which is a re-branded ZTW) that are available are the latest versions also
rudebwoyfishman likes this.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Gavsta, on the Leopard 200A esc, will it communicate with the HW LCD Programmer?
Old 08-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Gavsta, on the Leopard 200A esc, will it communicate with the HW LCD Programmer?
I'm not sure on that mate. Best to ask RCjuice
Old 08-02-2020, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

I should also mention there's also this seller on ebay if you want to delve into 12S systems. Raphael is his name, very helpful and he knows his stuff. He works closely with Leopard, TP Power, and Flier. Maybe worth a look??

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/rmambabrushless