Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
The Coolest RC Cars That Can Be Done - The beginning of a series of super RC cars >

The Coolest RC Cars That Can Be Done - The beginning of a series of super RC cars

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 1/8 IC Fan
  • 2 Post By Billy Kelly

The Coolest RC Cars That Can Be Done - The beginning of a series of super RC cars

Old 09-12-2019, 01:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default The Coolest RC Cars That Can Be Done - The beginning of a series of super RC cars

This is an invitation for you all RC car enthusiasts and especially those interested in the custom built projects, first I'm going to give you the general idea of my project with a simple explanation, details and some surprises will come later because the whole thing is quite ambitious, for now I only want this to get going.

The name of the game, the two keywords: TECHNICAL SIMILARITY, the coolest RC models for me are those in which you can appreciate some degree of technical similarity and of course the higher the better, meaning that and let's take the chassis as an example: it is the core structural element and both the car and the model have to have one, if the car has a carbon fiber tub chassis and the model has a carbon fiber plate we can say that these components perform equivalent functions and only share a high degree of technological similarity because carbon fiber composites are a technology developed for the fabrication of physical objects, but they share almost zero technical similarity because the shape, the way each one of the designs handles the loads and places where other components are fixed, are all completely different. If the model has a carbon fiber tub chassis that at least appears to be a scaled-down version of the actual component, then we can say that the two share a good degree of technical similarity in addition to the technological similarity.

I've decided to take this concept of technical similarity to SUPERCARS and RACE CARS, I've called the project Inner Mechanics, and that's what I'm presenting to this community today: this will be all about the design and build of fully functional 1/6 to 1/5 scale RC cars with as much technical and scale details as possible, initially the cars will be electric and will be based on 1/5 scale onroad tires. The build logs, collection of designs and instructions will be available for everyone, each one will go through a few design iterations so that the whole thing stays dynamic and interesting for everyone, and that's because I hope that as the project grows, a community will grow with it, I would like people to get involved in this project in any way they want, from the pure entertainment of watching to the pleasure of building their own models. You will see a lot of experimentation, testing and learning, but always with quality in mind because, if not, why bother? look at the high-end static models, that is the quality!

************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************

This is the first step if you want to get involved:
I think it would be best to go "first things first" and develop the models in the order in which the real cars were appearing, but since this is the beginning let's put that aside, for this occasion let's vote for the two cars you would like to be designed first, one hypercar/supercar/sportscar (except the McLaren F1 and variants) and one onroad race car (except Formula racing), suggest as many as you want if you can't decide for just two, time span is from the early 70s to the present.

I can't upload images so go to instagram... that's all for now, I hope you join and share, thanks!

************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************

I know that many of you must have seen this before, but...
What happens when these concepts are taken to the absolute extreme of madness and only the laws of physics oppose you? well, we get Mr. Pierre Scerri and his 1/3 scale Ferrari 312 PB
What happens when normal people decide to explore these concepts in a more rational way and see how far they can go without the risk of bankruptcy? you still need a very good budget though, look ScaleART heavy duty trucks, Yoshno Films 1/5 Trophy Truck, search for 1/4 scale AC Cobra, or Conley Precision 23 "T" Bucket hot rod.

Last edited by IMSupercar; 09-13-2019 at 06:05 AM. Reason: fix minor typo
Old 09-12-2019, 02:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Here are mine:

Supercars
-Ferrari F40
-Porsche 964 turbo
-Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
... impossible to ignore

Race cars
-Porsche 911 GT1
... I've always had a fixation with it
Old 09-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hennessey Venom F5
SSC Tuatara
Koenigsegg Agera RS
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
Old 09-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

How would you manage the time and money any of this would take....the people behind this, to include Conley have time, not a little but a lot! But if you are trying some commercial stunt here, i would recommend getting ahold of the admin first!
the rc guy likes this.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

If I do understand it right, you want something like this?

Old 09-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I’ve read this a few times now, and still not sure what he’s looking for.
Sir 51D3WAYS and johnnydmd like this.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:12 AM
Tech Rookie

22dasher, excellent.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
How would you manage the time and money any of this would take....the people behind this, to include Conley have time, not a little but a lot! But if you are trying some commercial stunt here, i would recommend getting ahold of the admin first!
"Im not trying some commercial stunt" I'm not selling RC cars, parts or any service.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
If I do understand it right, you want something like this?
You got it wrong, I clearly wrote that "that's what happens when you take things to the extreme of madness" I will not attempt something like that, it is absurd
Old 09-13-2019, 06:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Iíve read this a few times now, and still not sure what heís looking for.
My bad, clarification: designs and instructions will be available for everyone.

what's your favorite car? lets say Pagani Zonda

Wouldn't you like to watch someone building a 1/5 Zonda super RC car and maybe after that using the designs to build your own? then submit the supercars/race cars you like. I'm going to let people choose the first two designs.

This will be awesome, you'll see
Old 09-13-2019, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IMSupercar View Post
My bad, clarification: designs and instructions will be available for everyone.

what's your favorite car? lets say Pagani Zonda

Wouldn't you like to watch someone building a 1/5 Zonda super RC car and maybe after that using the designs to build your own? then submit the supercars/race cars you like. I'm going to let people choose the first two designs.

This will be awesome, you'll see
Iíve watched build videos before. Some were interesting. But just not my thing. There used to be a hardcore 1/5 builder here. Left few years back to start his own forum. Unfortunately a medical condition shutdown his building for almost 2 years now.

Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Iíve watched build videos before. Some were interesting. But just not my thing. There used to be a hardcore 1/5 builder here. Left few years back to start his own forum. Unfortunately a medical condition shutdown his building for almost 2 years now.

Can you post a link to the forum? Sounds interesting.